1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do we ever think about persecuted Christians

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Dallasdid, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Dallasdid

Dallasdid New Member

I notice in my life I pursue so many things that in God's eyes have no value. Just 2 days ago I got me a shirt I had wanted for a long time and no more than 4 hours later already had got it stained. In my life I am after material things constantly and I don't think of persecuted Christians like I should. We maybe have all heard what happens to persecuted Christians. The women are raped, the men are beaten, the churches are burned and many more tragic things. 1 family was burned alive a father and his 2 little boys. 1 missionary a convert from Islam was cut in pieces and sent back to his family. Christians are brothers and sisters in Christ go without so much. To them being happy is not found in a new shirt, new pants, new video game, new TV or a new car. There happiness is in serving Christ no matter the cost. I have read where Christians were beaten so badly yet they kept on preaching the Gospel. And we have our priorities in all the wrong places. The persecuted Christians pursue God in such an awesome way. They live in poor housing, no water, no food some times. When you look at how we Christians in America live compared to Christians in persecuted countries we see how much are mistaken about. I am not saying this to make people mad and I know this has been brought up before so IM not trying to add to the normal "feel sorry" type things. But just saying reexamine our values and what we do in light of persecuted Christians think about them pray for them do what you can to support them. If you want to know how you can www.persecution.com It is website of voice of the martyrs. God bless

2. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Yes, I do think about them. The abduction of fellow Kansan's Martin and Gracia Burnham by the Abu Sayyaf in the Philippines, and Martin's death during their rescue, brought it home to all of us that Christian missionaries suffer, sometimes severely in spreading the Gospel of Christ.
    They need our prayers and support.

3. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

I am in contact with Christian missionaries in a country which is mainly Muslim and they know that they can be arrested at any time for any "reason". Some have been held for 2 months at a time, their families not knowing if they were alive or dead. The brother of one was shot dead by a drunken off duty policeman. No action was ever taken against the policeman.
    Missionaries, wherever they serve the Lord need our prayerful support. They can often feel very isolated and the internet can be a great way of keeping in touch with them.
    The more ppl who can be made aware of what missionaries do and the dangers and persecutions they can suffer the better. Please pray for our missionaries.

Sheila

4. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Sometimes we can be so focused on our own problems that we completley forget about the needs of others. We could all certainley be doing more to pray and support those that are in the persecuted church.