1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do We Have Everything?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by neal4christ, Mar 28, 2004.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In John 16 at the last supper - Christ said "I have many more things to tell you but you can not bear them now... The Spirit of Truth will Guide you into all truth".

Instead of the model "God was here once but now He is gone" -- Christ established the model that the Spirit of Truth would continue to open the minds of the saints to the teachings of Christ. As Christ said in John 16 "He will not speak of His own accord but will take My Words and give them to you".

So after the cross - in an effort to distill the key teachings of Christ down to a concise set - the first hand disciples produced the four Gospels. More than that - we have other NT authors carving out even more details in the teachings of Christ in the rest of the NT.

All were building on the one foundation - the "rock that is Christ" (1Cor 10:3) for "no other foundation can be laid other than that which was laid - in Christ" 1Cor 3:11.

Those NT Apostolic teachings were tested by the scriptures of the NT age - which are what we call the OT (Acts 17:11).

That scripture forms the rule of all faith and doctrine in the Christian church today. The rule by which it is all to be tested. 1Tim 3:16.

In Christ,

Bob

2. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

Okay.....I am not following you, Bob. Do you think we have all of Christ's teachings contained in the NT?

In Christ,
    Neal

3. Living4Him

Living4Him New Member

Lord have mercy on us all for our attitudes of superiority and ignorance!

It is a shame the nasty things that we say about another person's beliefs. I was raised IFB, and I have heard all the anti-Catholic whoppers. I am not a gullible person, nor have I ever been one. I am currently reconciling to the Catholic Church, and if all these false charges that are rampant on this board were true I would not be reconciling to the Church.

Neal, have you read the The Didache? It is the teaching of the twelve Apostles, and was thought to written between 65 and 80 A.D., and was highly regarded by the early Church Fathers. It gives interesting insights into the early practices of the Catholic Church.

4. neal4christ

neal4christ New Member

No, but I plan to soon. [​IMG]

In Christ,
    Neal