1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do we have to confess our sins ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by dan p, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Luke 3:38. If Adam was the son of God, we are all sons of God.

2. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Who wrote Peter? Who wanted to sifted him as wheat.... the devil? But Jesus said...I have prayed for you and when you return strengthen your brethern..thus Peter writes from experience. Notice Jesus prayed for him......no one can snatch them from the Master. Compare scripture with scripture.

#22 Jedi Knight, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2010
  3. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Observe....But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, John 1:12 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. John 8:44

4. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Yes, the Bible does make a distinction between the spiritual sense and the genealogical sense. But this does not change the fact that we can lose the legacy. We can fall from grace.

5. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Sifted, yes, but Peter was not devoured. Yet he realizes you can be devoured by Satan. Otherwise Peter is a liar.

6. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Peter is not a liar....your understanding is just messed up.lol

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And I disagree that the Bible teaches that. The Holy Spirit is our guarantee. If the Holy Spirit is our guarantee, how does that guarantee get taken away? It can't.

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

Wow...I guess that to zenas, God's gift of salvation is conditional.

Your salvation is all about timing, huh? Hope you don't hit your thumb with a hammer right before you keel over...

Seems you must have forgotten much of the rest of 1 John, which tells us how "we might know..."

9. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

These are a few of the many passages I cannot reconcile with eternal security. In fact they cannot be reconciled unless you take them out of context and give them a meaning they do not have.

10. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Absolutely.

Yeah, me too. :laugh: However, I do believe some sins are worse than others. 1 John 5:16-17.
    The whole book is about conditional salvation. "He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son does not have eternal life." The thing is we are free to accept or to reject Christ, and we are free to change our minds at any time.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Interesting. And can you say to your mother: "I've changed my mind about being born, can you put me back again?"

John 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

Believing on Jesus is a once and for all thing.

John 4:13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
    14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Jesus compares everlasting life to water here. He says that whosoever drinks normal water will thirst again. They will have to come back again and again.

But the water Jesus gives us (the Holy Spirit and everlasting life) is a one time thing. Once you drink, you will never thirst again, you do not need to keep coming back. You do not have to continually drink, once you drink one time you will never thirst again.

Jesus also said that he would send the Comforter, the Holy Spirit that would abide with us forever.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

For a person to lose their salvation, the Holy Spirit would have to leave them. But Jesus said he would abide with us for ever. You can try as you might to get rid of the Holy Spirit, but wherever you go He will go with you.

#32 Winman, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2010
  13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yet sin does not enter heaven so either we pay for it or God does. Last I checked, God did it.

That's as conditional as it gets. But instead you say "He who has the Son has the life....unless he has sinned and not asked for forgiveness then he has the Son but doesn't have life. He who does not have the Son or those who have sin in their lives does not have eternal life. Eternal does not mean eternal because you can get it and lose it so it's temporary."

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Is this natural death or eternal death? For those who are unsaved, it is probably both. For those who are saved, it would be natural death.

He does not become disqualified from salvation but from the ministry.

Was this parable speaking on salvation?

Was the prodigal son ever not his father's son?

15. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Go back and read the second paragraph of Post 15.

16. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

As with most promises, there is an implied condition of continuing faith and obedience. See 1 Samuel 16, where the Spirit of God left Saul.

17. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

"Eternal life only happens in the age to come. It can be lost is this life. See Mark 19:30; Luke 18:30; Titus 1:2.

18. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

you should look up the scripture....Has eternal life and shall not come into judgment but has passed from death to life. Jesus was not talking future here...he was talking right here right now.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I did. Here is what it said:
    Now I ask you again: Can you say to your mother, "I don't like this life, take me back into your womb so that I won't be born."
    The question is not of losing one's inheritance, but of the new birth or second birth. Jesus said you must be born again.

20. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

It's eternal death for a "brother", i.e., one who has been saved. It means you are saving him from going to Hell.
    I don't think so. Instead of "disqualified" the KJV uses "castaway" and the ASV uses "rejected."
    Of course it was. Why else would the servant be handed over to the torturers until he repaid all that was owed to the master? When you do the math, you will see it was impossible for this servant to ever repay what he owed. Therefore the punishment was permanent. Then Jesus says the heavenly Father will do the same to you if each of you does not forgive . . . .
    Yes, he was, but before he left, he was in ghe good graces of his father (saved). Then he became lost (unsaved). When he returned he was back in the good graces of his father (saved). You can be a child and still be denied the legacy. See the second paragraph of Post 15.

Like I said, these passages cannot be reconciled unless you take them out of context and give them a meaning they do not have.