1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do we have to confess our sins ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by dan p, Jul 9, 2010.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Oh I see...we must be worthy of salvation...

riiiight..... :rolleyes:

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No - you need to read the passages with your own "losing salvation" glasses to see these passages and being about losing salvation.

3. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Well, I could say the same for you because when you get to one of these passages the thinking probably goes something like this: "Although this seems to be about salvation lost, I know it can't be because OSAS is an immutable principle." It's always dangerous to discard scripture because it is in conflict with other scripture.

OSAS it a dangerous doctrine. Believing is will not ipso facto send you to Hell. However, it creates a casual attitude toward sin, particularly among that great majority of people who live on the margins of the Christian life.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

See, I disagree. What I see in my view of OSAS is the cross is what saved me. It is not me. In that case, I see the great sacrifice that God had to make in order to make it possible for me to get to heaven. Yes I sin but because of the Holy Spirit in me, the guilt is incredible and the conviction is so heavy that like David, I feel physically ill. I would never have a casual view of sin ever. I live my life to glorify God and sin does not do that. So I live my life knowing that I'm covered in His grace and yet want to make sure that I do all that I can to please Him. Just like my children want to please me but if they do not they will never NOT be my children, it's the same with God. I know that I have eternal life and am truly saved because of this new heart I have from God. The unsaved don't desire in their deepest soul to please Him but I do.