1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do we need supernatural miracles today anymore?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Apr 17, 2007.

?
  1. Absolutely. The Kingdom of God exists in POWER!!!! Power means miracles!

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. I don't know.

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. No, absolutely not. Nobody needs miracles. Miracles are not necessary anymore.

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. I don't want miracles! Miracles are only for freaks, I don't need them to believe.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. Some say we don't need them, but why? Where's the difference between 2000 years ago & now?

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  6. Miracles were only for the jews. Today you either believe or you don't.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. God doesn't do miracles anymore. Today God only watches.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Miracles? What's that?

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  9. Miracles are necessary. The people today NEED to experience God's power and see that He's real!

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  10. Without miracles the body of Christ is simply dead.

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No they don't. Compassion is an essential attribute of God. God is a God of compassion, and would be even if no miracles were ever done.
    True, the very reason that miracles are not needed.
    Miracles, per se, have nothing to do with God's nature, though he is a God of miraculous. He is not required to do miracles for us.
    Faith has nothing to do with miracles. If it is not God's will for a miracle to happen it doesn't matter how much "faith" you have. No miracle will happen. Don't try to command God to do something that isn't his will.
    That is a logical fallacy and an unbliblical statement. To say that if God doesn't do a miracle makes God an uncompassionate God is bordering on blasphemy. It is like the little child who says "God if you don't give me what I want for Christmas I am never going to believe on you!!" Who is God that he should succumb to your demands??

Do we need miracles? NO.
    All that we need from God is his grace.
    God said to Paul: My grace is sufficient for you," and would not miraculously heal him (heal the "thorn in his flesh" --2Cor.12). His grace was sufficient. We need nothing more than his grace.

An evil and adulterous seek after miracles. They don't need them. They need the gospel. Why say, "We need miracles" when Jesus said plainly we don't need them, and the people that say we need them, are evil and adulterous.

If God were just he would cast us all into Hell for all eternity. That is what we deserve; nothing more. It is only because of his grace and his infinite love that he sent his son to die for us. But he didn't have to do that. He is our Creator. He is the potter; we are but clay in his hand. He can do what he likes with us. We being the sinful creatures we are, don't deserve his grace, but he showers us with his blessing day after day anyway. And if perchance, there happens to be an occasional miracle in there, it is only because of his grace and nothing more. We don't need them. We need his grace.