1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do we realize how much people are hurting?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by superwoman8977, Jul 15, 2008.

1. superwoman8977

superwoman8977 New Member

In Scripture it says if I am cheated on I am free to divorce. God didnt say absolutely no divorce whatsoever and if you were in an abusive marriage or an adulterous marriage he put the variable in there to end it and I dont have the exact scripture because I didnt bring my bible in with me today sorry but my counselor has told me over and over I stood on the promises of my marriage and I prayed over my marriage and in the end my husband did what he wanted to do. I am at this point trying to be his friend but even thats hard. This morning I had to pick him up on the way to work (we work on the same army post) because his motorcycle quit running, I did it as a friend but let me tell you I had my reservations as well. He knows how I feel about this whole situation and I know how he feels and I have spoke my peace and given it to God. If he sees reconciliation in all of this then its all on God, not on me.

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Shane - this can be taken two ways:

"I MADE him file for the divorce." Meaning that she made him file for the divorce even if he didn't want to. She forced him to do it.

"I made HIM file for the divorce." Meaning he wanted the divorce and was trying to make her file. She refused so if he wanted a divorce, he'd have to do the filing.

I think the second scenerio is what happened but i could be wrong.

3. Beth

Beth New Member

Agree

Great post, agree with you!

I LOVE goldens also...we lost our Marjji a year and a half ago to cancer. We opted to get a different breed, a Great Pyrenees this time, but we still LOVE goldens. She was deep red and a really big boned girl weighing in over one hundred pounds!

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Superwoman,

First of all, my prayers are with you and your friend "Val". The problem with "some" in the church, is they will treat a divorced/remarried person like a second class citizen. My bible tells me that ALL sins are cast as far from us as the east is the west, when God saves our ever-dying soul, not some. When we were sinners, we were as dead inwardly, as we would be naturally if we were planted in the ground(just like Lazarus before Jesus told him to come forth). Jesus told the pharisees that they were like great white sepulchures(sp?), outwardly adorned beautifully, but inwardly full of dead man's bones. When we are forgiven of our sins, we no longer live by the oldness of the letter, but by the newness of the Spirit(something like that....it's in Romans chapter seven).

It doesn't matter if you were married 100 times prior to being saved, God only will remember that ONE HUSBAND/WIFE they have after He saves them....either He remembers all or none, and I believe He remembers none. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in divorce, but if your spouse, or mine, takes a notion to run us off, or just walk away, we are free from the covenant they broke. We will not be held accountable for what they did. It says if the unbeliever departs, let them depart, we are not in bondage, and not in bondage means "free". I know some will disagree with me, but the "man" I see in the mirror every day is the one I need to try to control, not anyone else. I hope this doesn't hijack the thread, turning it into an "adultery" issue. According to what you wrote in the OP, superwoman, you are doing A.O.K!!!:thumbs:

Willis