1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

do we really have thousands of homeless with no help?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by nodak, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thats funny.....I just answered a thread question.....apparently you didnt read the full thread......shakes head.

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Keep shaking it. Maybe the rocks will align into something resembling a brain.

The question never asked how much you gave. Maybe it's you that needs to read it again.

(and a little hint...the problem isn't that you've said you give money to the Salvation Army, or that you've said how much. The problem is that you've called others a cheapskate if they decide not to.)

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

For those wondering about our fellow poster Jon-Marc, I'll be posting a comment on the prayer thread in the prayer forum in a minute and then again after I hear something else. Please go there to read.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That only occurred after your snide comment. but hopefully we are not here to make this a contest or fight about it. The OP is not about any of that nonsense, rather its about helping those in need. Your comments about that subject matter would be appreciated

On a side-note though, could you answer me a personal question, and you can do it privately if you perfer, are you a Pastor?

#84 Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2010
  5. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

If I were just an observer who dropped in to see what the Baptist Board was all about, guess what I'd see.

I'd see people patting themselves on the back for the quarters they drop into the Salvation Army pots who accuse those who don't of being cheapskates.

I'd see people who seem to be down on churches and implying that those churches aren't helping people and that they are too greedy with their funds.

I'd see people making counter accusations to all the above.

Perhaps I'd begin to wonder where are all the Christians who I expected to see here.

Seems to be a lot of accusations and judging going on here - all based on very little evidence.

I guess I am done.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sad....isnt it.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are reasons why all organizations still have problems distributing funds and aid in Haiti. One is the transportation logistics and the devasted terrain of the affected areas. Another is pestilence. Another political corruption.

In any event you can find an organization you trust and help via the www.

e.g. Jason Nightingale of Wordsower International has orphanages in Haiti as well as Africa and India.

The last time Jason was at our local church he recited from memory the entire Book of Revelation.

He has several books of the Bible memorized in their entirety and will come to your church to bless you with his gift from above.

Granted, he will present and make a plea for his work around the world.

http://www.wordsower.org/

HankD

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist