1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do we truly love the brethren?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Well, Brother, I understand where you are coming from, and I don't entirely disagree with you. That being said, I find it hard to believe that there is one church is the country of ours, where the members agree completely on 100% of the bible. There is a member or two in our church who believe that someone can backslide, and there is not one of the 13-15 ORBs associations that state this in their Articles of Faith. The ORBs as a whole(all assocs. I mean) preach against a "fall from grace". Now, though I disagree with them immensely, I feel that there are many more things we hold in common, according to His Word, that we would fall out over this. But, each church and/or asoc. has every right to do what they feel is correct according to the scriptures.

Love ya Brother!! :thumbs:

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea for example I dont agree with them on KJO (Keep it under your hat....I have a NIV-LOL) but in general we agree with direction on Doctrine....there Im fully in accord with those brothers. Pino indicated a scriptural approach used by the church to address these issues. We who agree with this systematic approach are firmly convinced & so introducing a person who doesnt agree would only serve to split the church. As my mother used to say (she would never have gotten into contensious fighting over religious issues) she would say....."ypu go to your church & I will go to mine" Thats why we live in the USA.....we all have that liberty.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps (as a safeguard against error) it is time to revive this post about loving the brethren. :love2:

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, we live in a free nation. There are all types of churches wherever we live. That is a good thing. One of the reasons I limit myself to the South or interior West is that there are more people who believe like I do.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You will never get an eatable pizza that way :smilewinkgrin:

#85 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
  6. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I am beginning to agree with Luke more and more as i read his post. How can two walk together except they be agreed. Everyone that sayeth to me Lord, Lord shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. I find very little fellowship with those who have an entirely different view of the scriptures than i do. We might fellowship together in worldly things but when it comes to the things of God, what fellowship has light with darkness. If he is grounded in his beliefs and i in mine we would just set across the living room staring at one another.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salzer.....just curious, are you in the Southern Baptists Church?

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wondere what jesus meant by saying that we are ONE in him, that paul commanded us to keep the unity among the bethren, ONLY allowing for thosewho were either living as the unsavd again, or else promotong false teachings as reasons to break the unity?

NOT for over cal/arm, reformed non reformed, KJVO , or any petyty squabble we tend to love to do?

9. Monster

Monster New Member

Maybe, sometimes, always, never!

This is a Romans 7 sort of thing for me. There's always the conflicts between the knowing, the wanting and the doing. Just being honest here.

10. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Sorry for not answering your question earlier, i have been to one of my best friends funeral. No i'm not in the Southern Baptist church. As i read these post some said, if you come to my church you would be welcome. Let me add a little to that. I have learned the hard way i might be welcome in a Arminian church but only if i keep my mouth shut.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They will love you if & when you convert to their beliefs...therefore knowing that you must go where your beliefs are centered...not those other places. This is a difficult situation...I know it first hand. Still, you must guard your heart against being hardened.

My condolences regarding the loss of your close friend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.