1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do you accept the ages of those in Genesis?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Camery

Camery New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll go in there and check it out.

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother!

I am a man of God who walks the Narrow Path, believing and leaning on the Biblical World View of the Scriptures. I have one thing to say about anything in the Bible! "IF GOD SAID IT, THAT IS ALL THERE IS TO IT!"

Good question .... Shalom!

3. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If God sent the flood a few weeks BEFORE he died, and since he was not on the Ark, just how did that work? :tongue3:

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Osmosis.........:tongue3:

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Rev,

The only thing I can relate to that is, that the water above the earth in Genesis 1 and 2 was used to make the world flood. It may have been sort of a filter to protect from some of the harmful effects of the sun. Right after the flood, the age rapidly went down. ie Abraham 175. Today, our span is about what Psalms 90:10 says.

Good advice not to give out your address. But hey, anyone could find mine on the internet if they looked long enough. I am not going to give it out but then again, do not think anyone wants to come breaking down my door at 2 in the morning.

6. Camery

Camery New Member

Osmosis hahaha. A solid force between two life styles. (Or something like that)

About the question the flood before Methuselah's death
    It seems odd to me that the flood would take place before the son of one of the most righteous men in history died. Would God kill such a man as to those who were evil continually, of which he was not one? I don't believe that is the case. I did a careful timeline about a year ago and determined the flood came the same day Methuselah died. God does not destroy righteousness with the wicked.

This is my opinion of course but I think I will stick with it.

#26 Camery, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
  7. thisnumbersdisconnected

Over two days now, and still no answer?

How come?

8. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

9. Camery

Camery New Member

I believe we are brothers and sisters in any sense because we are created in God's image for He is a spirit and we must worship Him in spirit and in truth, and we are created in His likeness in our bodies because we need to grow in righteousness. Those that enter hell because of their rejection of Jesus Christ is no less our brothers and sisters for the Son of man came not to destroy souls but to save them. Being a brother or sister does not in itself imply that we are destined for heaven. This is my opinion.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are brothers and sisters when we have the same parents. Not simply because we were made in the image of God. Those who are lost are not the Fathers. Those of us who born again have the Father in heaven. Therefore we are brothers and sisters.

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    james said that a double minded man cannot expect anything from God, as will be tossed to and fro by the waves, so how can the Church say Abotionbith sin and woman choice, or gay marriage both sinful and shows love of Chrsit and now acceptable? that we can say God create din 6 lietral days, but used the evolutionary process afetr that etc?

12. glazer1972

glazer1972 Member

Yes...........................

13. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what is the question?