1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Admire Any Preachers...

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Rippon, Jul 26, 2009.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, guess you are right, he dying in 1564 and King James Bible coming along about 1611. It is amazing how you can put things in chronological order.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have to agree with you on that one. He was one of the best pastors on TV of the ones I watched.

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that an example of a left-handed compliment?

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No, nothing left handed about it. I was just admiring the fact that you knew the 16th century came before the 17th century. I can imagine if you had watched "Back to the Future" lately you might be confused.

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd like to send you back to the past.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

All you have to do is learn to come up with logical posts. Comments like you made to Mr Garvey are common place with you. If you cant take it, dont dish it out.

7. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "My Garvey" is not who he pretends to be. Buy a clue.

8. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wecome to the BB. Did you read the opening post?

Charles Stanley uses the NKJ as JVM eventually did.

9. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Rippon,

FWIW I do not think Salamander has returned under another nom-de-plume. Their writing styles are too different. I could be wrong. Not that it matters. If he continues to spew his venom he will not grace our presence much longer.

10. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I don't think Harold is Salamander. Salamander was much more graceful and that's saying a lot.

11. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

FTR, I have absolutely no idea of whom Harold Garvey may or may not be, beyond what I have seen posted on the BB, any more than I have any particullar idea about whom Rippon may or may not be beyond his or her posts on the BB.

And I also do have some fairly large differences with the opinions of both these individuals, as seen on their posts on the board.

That said, if one has some reason to suspect some such subterfuge, as this post implied, would not the place to 'challenge' this be in another manner to the 'BB brass' as opposed to this 'by implication' manner, here in the public forum??

Ed

12. wpbarrett

wpbarrett New Member

thanks for the welcome Rippon, I read the post and probably misunderstood it.. I'm known to do that sometimes :) I remember back in the 70s I met Stanley at a youth camp I was 14 at the time. he was using the KJV then but now I think he mostly reads out of the updated NASB. Thanks for the info on Mcgee I always thought he was a diehard Old Scofield Bible man, but I have heard him say that there were several good versions to study from. Myself I use the KJV and NAS its just what I'm used to. I just bought the ESV study Bilbe and it seems to be a very good version also. thanks again for the welcome.

God's Grace, Bill

13. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Yes, I was under the impression that Charles Stanley used the NASB too. In fact I remember reading a personal testimony of his stating his use of the NASB. It influenced my decision to purchase a NASB.

14. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

I suppose you would be just the one who doesn't have this view as how to rid yourself of those with whom you are disagreeing with and in no other way?

I believe the direction of this thread has taken a personal "dirt road".

I haven't been aware of anyone named "Salamander" until now. I can come to a conclusion by the impressions observable here that not only are the minds of deviations suspect, but altogether reprehensible.

I am finding this forum to be so unChristianlike. I may have inserted some things that are not too pleasant, for that I do sincerely apologise, yet I feel some were warranted.

I cAN AGREE TO DISAGREE WITH ANYONE, BUT i CANNOT AGREE WITH THE WITCH-HUNT AIR ON THIS TPOIC.

15. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

bROTHER, WE MAY NOT AGREE ON SOME THINGS, BUT i APPRECIATE YOUR ATTITUDE AND GRACE ALOTTED HERE.

I will look into this person and see what it is so many here seem to be throwing all this dirt around and waht it's about.:godisgood:

As some should see, I have them on the "ignore list" because they do not seem to be able to address me without being very offensive and provoking me to wrath. I should be adding more to that list real soon.

I know i can be abrasive, as iron sharpens iron, but to stoop to this "low altitude" as some here are doing, well, I can't help but see a mountainside in their path.:eek:

16. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Does his influence also make you want to sweep under the rug his then wife's affair with her boyfriend?:laugh:

17. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Being you feel you're called to judge me I will add you too.:godisgood:

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

In any of the threads, the unchristians actions are yours. This is evidenced by the fact that at least two of your posts had to be edited due to personal attacks from you.
    Based on results, you don't simply agree to disagree. You engage in disrespecting of people. It would be refreshing to see if your future posts reflect a pattern of that, however.
    That's a perversion of the verse. "Iron sharpening iron" referrs to believers encouraging other believers. It is not an excuse to engage in abrasive behavior.
    Heaven forbid that you give any consideration to the possibility that your posts lack grace.

#118 Johnv, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
  19. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Like we should care.:laugh:

20. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Surely this qualifies as a "Christianlike" comment.:rolleyes: