1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you agree with Cloning Animals or People?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Dec 15, 2006.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I stand corrected, thank you my Sister...

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

There was a mad scientist who had a laboratory on the 34th floor of a skyscraper in New York. He successfully cloned a human being. The only problem was the clone could do nothing but curse. The scientist tried to teach the clone proper manners to no avail. Finally he told the clone, next time you curse, I am going to throw you out the window. Sure enough, the clone cursed again, so the scientist opens the window and throws the clone out. The clone drops to the side walk, and it kills him. A policeman happens to be walking by and sees the whole thing. He calls for help, and a group of police rush up to the laboratory and arrest the mad scientist for making an obscene clone fall.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cloning does not require the implantation of the embyro in a host mother. That's only for reproductive cloning. A cloned human embryo can live for several days in vitro.

This kind of human cloning has been and is being done primarily to harvest the embryonic stem cells, a process that kills the baby.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

That's what I was thinking, which makes a difference between cloning for reproductive purposes and cloning for medical reasons.

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, thank you Aaron.

I was talking about reproductive cloning to address the question of a cloned human being having a soul.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only difference is that in one, you'd be wanting the baby to live. In the other you're killing it to do experiments on it.