1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you allow access?

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Aug 31, 2001.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Do you allow your children access to the internet?

How much time do you let them stay on?

Do you allow them to use Instant Messaging or ICQ? How do you monitor that?

2. Jesse

Jesse New Member

My parents never cared about where I went on the net.

Any parents on this forum probably already know this but I have to repeat it: Monitor What Your Child Looks At On The Web. Go through the history files and see where they went, and if it looks like they deleted the history files, confront them about it. There is stuff on the internetweb that'd blow your mind, believe me, I'm a member of the Awful Forums, I've seen unbelievably things and have discussed it with members of the forum, and I've no doubt in my mind that there's much worse stuff out there.

If you're gonna let your child use the internet, be there next to him, or install one of them filters at least, even though they can be bypassed. Same thing with Instant Messangers, be there with your child or don't let them use them, Instant Messangers are one of the easiest ways of exposing someone to things you really don't want them to see.

3. i_love_ducati

i_love_ducati New Member

I dont think there should be a set limit that can be applied to all children. You could start them off with little time. And as they demonstrate how they use the internet, make a reasonable desision.

4. Karen

Karen Active Member

5. I think parents should decide if their child is ready or not ready to chat online, or use the internet. Some kids aren't mature enough and not safe enough to use the internet. I think filters should be used for young kids. Parents who know their children probably can tell if they are ready to use it.