1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe everything that your pastor preaches?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Craigbythesea, Apr 20, 2005.

1. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

So what you are saying, Diane is this

You check to see if all of his arrows are inside the inside circle of the target---that's what I want to do---I want to preach in such a way as to hit the Bulls Eye every time----now----you gotta still check----I want them to----and they won't be checkin' in vain!! Somewhere within the inside circle will be my arrows!!

Even when it turns out that I am consistant---in every sermon I preach----I still want the listeners to "check" to see where my arrows are---because I want my sermons to line up with the truth from the Truth everytime!!!

2. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

If as a pastor/preacher I don't drive my congregation to the Word by what I say in the pulpit then I don't think I have done my job.

3. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Amen! The pastor’s job is not to teach the people what the Bible says—the pastor’s job is to preach the Word of God in such a way that the people are stimulated to get into the Bible for themselves.

[​IMG]

4. David M Walker

David M Walker New Member

Amen! The pastor’s job is not to teach the people what the Bible says—the pastor’s job is to preach the Word of God in such a way that the people are stimulated to get into the Bible for themselves.

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]AMEN! I totally agree!

5. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Dr. Ralph Smith used to say, "Never be afraid to question your faith by looking for answers, and never let someone else, even me, tell you what the bible says. Study it for yourself. Test ME."

I take that to heart. I study my bible, I pray, I go back to Greek and Hebrew, and I delve into historical documents and things.

However, that said, so far, I've never caught my current pastor in a mistake.

6. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]I think it's both--to teach the word to enocurage people to study the scriptures. But they do need some tools to be successful in their study.

7. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Amen. When I was pastoring, I told my congregation the same thing. Pastors are human and they make mistakes.

[​IMG]