1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Believe In "Infant Regeneration?"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, May 23, 2011.

1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Then these babies get to heaven apart from the blood of Christ.

Christ died for sin- if these babies are not sinners then Christ did not die for them.

Therefore you have billions of people- the vast majority of the human race in heaven- you have them there without Christ.

More babies and small children die every day than adults. If all babies go to heaven, as I believe they do, but if they go to heaven because they are not sinners- then Christ saved a small minority of the human race that makes it to heaven.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's pretty self explanatory, iconoclast. What does Paul say in Ephesians 2:1 and Colossians 2:13? How can you deny we are dead in our trespasses and sins...when Paul states just that?
    Nothing like that.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not even close. Pure strawman.
    I go to Scripture, not a confession. I don't deny it...I deny the extra-biblical view God will ordain those without faith to be saved as Dr. Bob stated and you agreed to.
    Where do you get this stuff :confused:
    :laugh: I'm sure you can supply "scriptural teaching" that there is another dispensation of salvation other than by grace through faith. Who is using "logical thinking" and who is abiding by scriptural truth?
    Why the need for patronizing insults? Proof that the majority of the believing church believes there is another way of salvation sans "grace through faith"?
    I love Romans 8, just like I love Romans 5 :)

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So do I: You would think we could agree on the meaning of the passages more then.

5. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

IF we take than your premise that ONLY saving faith exercised can allow one to access the grace of God ....

than how do infants small kids mentally challenged etc all get saved/regenerated by God? Are they all lost?

6. JesusFan

Does regeneration come before excercising faith in adults than?
    A person has a new heart/reborn before placing personal faith in Christ?

I do believe that God grace covers up/atones for these 'special needs/cases" of infants small kid mentally challenged etc
    Not regenrated but covered by blood of Christ in a special admin of it

Do you hold that a baby or small child can actually be regenerated by God and take years before actually placing faith in jesus though?

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course. How else can a man without faith and without capability to repent/believe then seek/come/call/believe/accept do so without a "new birth" that changes his heart/nature?

Huh? You HAVE to be regenerated/born again with a new spiritual nature to replace the fallen hell-bound nature to go to heaven. It is the invisible inward act of God. He can do it when/to whom HE desires.

Now THAT is a great question because I am not God and do not know the exact time frame. For all I have known and talked to, the inward work of regening by God precedes BUT almost simultaneous with our response to that regening by repentance and faith.

Personally do NOT see inward "regeneration" separated by long time periods from the outward response. But may not be instantaneous. Testimony: Knew the gospel. Knew my sinfulness. NO ability/desire to repent/believe on March 16 1957. By March 17 I was under such conviction of the holy Spirit that I dared not go to sleep without calling on the name of the Lord. SOMEWHERE in that 24 hours God changed my heart of stone into a heart of flesh and enabled me to call on Christ.

My son said he was the same way. Went forward in church at invitation and we asked him if he wanted to pray to trust Christ. He said he did that in the pew; that was why he responded to the invitation (heart was changed in pew, not at some 1-2-3 ditty prayer)

Trust this helps.

8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When we all get to heaven,
    What a day of rejoicing that will be.

I do not remember all the words to this song and have not looked at them before posting this. But just from those above.

Does this take place one or two at a time or in a group? Do we all get there at the same time? What a day. What day? Is this any and every day or a specific day?

When the roll is called up yonder.

Is the roll continuously being called? Will it be called at some point in time?

When are the sheep and the goats separated?

Infant Regeneration?

Regeneration just twice in the whole New Testament. In Mathew 19 I believe, but I'm not sure, we can all agree it is relative to the time of the resurrection. The second time in Titus 3:5 is also relative to resurrection.
    The resurrection of Jesus. It is the regeneration of Jesus by which his death, blood washes us of past sins. He then received the renewal of the Holy Spirit from the Father. Verse 6 He, Jesus then sheds the Holy Spirit from the Father on us by which he the Father, hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

That hope is that we also will be resurrected to life from the dead.

Do we die and go to heaven or are resurrected to eternal life?

I am assured by the Holy Spirit that I am going to be resurrected to eternal life.
    Why because Christ had faith that he would be and I have that same, We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present [us] with you.

#28 percho, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2011
  9. JesusFan

is regeneration than same as new birth, when we get a new nature "In Christ?"

What would have happen to you IF God had regenerated you earlier, but you were in a car accident and passed away before receiving Christ by personal faith?

Do you see that even your faith to believe was a Gift from god?

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regeneration = born again = new creation = quicken = made alive
    All synonyms for the same invisible act of the holy Spirit of God changing my soul

If God's Spirit regenerates a soul, that soul is regenerated. He does this to all those the Father chose and the Son atoned for. The timetable is God's not mine.

What of an elect baby still in utero who is killed in that car accident? Never believed but still re-gened.

Absolutely. In me, in my old nature is NOTHING good. I had no saving faith within me and even if I did I could not use it. And would have no desire to use it!! (that would be a good work of which I was incapable). Even what men today might consider good or right is vile and filthy to God.

We have billions of religious people FULL of "faith" in the world today. Not one has saving "faith" unless the Father gives it to them. I'm preaching the Wheat and Weeds in the second parable of the kingdom's mystery (Mt 13) when I return home.

For people capable of real faith (mature enough, mentally capable) they WILL demonstrate that faith to show outwardly the inward fact of regeneration. Even then, it will be hard to be anywhere close to certain of their eternal salvation.