1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Believe In These Nine Principles?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Palatka51, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

You Are Not Alone

If you agree with at least seven of those principles, then you are not alone.

2. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I agree and, with respect to government, I add that we are the government in America and that's what really great about our system.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

The Nine Principles

1. America is good.

Compared to God's standards, no, it is not

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.

Bible says I am a liar and that there is no good in me. Can I honest answer this question? When the lawn needs mowing, what has tht to do with God?

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.

Agreed.

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.

I worship my family? I think not! If I do not wish to follow the laws of my community I should move.

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.

Including the automobile speed limits? You are not above it? (Pun intended)

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.

Agree!

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.

Agree but taxes are dues, not charity. Paying taxes is no different than paying condo dues.

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.

Agree!

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

Technically, not true. For example, the police department is obligated to protect "society" but is not obligated to protect any specific person unless that special protection is contracted. In other words, you can't successfully sue your local police department over a routine burglary.

4. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to agree with all 9 principles.