1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe the Fairness Doctorine is really fair?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by BigBossman, Jan 30, 2009.

1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

And yours ("Poor little libbies! No one wants to listen to them. Aaawwwwww") was a childish attempt at instigating an argument.

#41 matt wade, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
  2. billwald

billwald New Member

>Fox Cable News is Fair and Balanced

You get up to Alaska very often? Some other place where smoking pot is legal?

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Hypocrisy from the Left has a BAD Stench TOO!!!!

I seems to me that those on the far left are nothing more than hypocrites. They too, have their sarcastic voices in the media with people like Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews. Let's not forget Bill Maher, William Baldwin, and more than 75% of Hollywood. These men are more acrid tongue than Rush, Sean Hannity and Dennis Miller should they be rolled into one massive mind of political "wit."

If there is to be a fairness doctrine, the left needs to know that these three men on the hate spewing left will have to go too; as will those in Hollywood. This doctrine could spell the end of NBC and all it's subsidiaries. This one network alone, lit, and fanned the flames of hatred toward Bush, while they sold out to get Obama elected last fall.

This network should be served notice that their kind of reporting is in no way fair and balanced.

There is way too much hypocrisy moving from the center-left to the far out left. This includes the many members of this forum. The members that unleash verbal insults when anyone tries to criticize their prince charming.

Shame on anyone who supports the removal of free speech when it comes to those on the right who have had little to criticize over the last 8 years. It is a matter of fact that when a person becomes president they automatically inherit the hate and bad feelings of those that did not vote for them. And, unfortunately, this president will eventually realize that his current 77% favor rating will slide down that proverbial slippery slope, and by the end of his first two years in office, he will be a man that will be hated, second guessed, and like a sinking ship, taking on negative water....

This is the way of the society we live in today. Leaders lose their glow, and the fire of the faithful grows dim with each passing day.

Pastor Paul:type:

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Other than being asinine your point is?

5. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not saying that all media has bias. Its mostly the media on TV & the newspapers. NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, & (I dare say) Fox all have slanted views when they deliever the news. Radio is the only outlet that people have that doesn't have the slant on it that the TV networks have.

It was a known fact that Dan Rather was an anti-Bush fanatic (not that it matters to me, I didn't vote for Bush either). I have even heard of many news anchors saying that when they present a news story, they like to make it interesting for the public. Making a story more interesting means you are adding false information or leaving out certain facts.

Newspapers aren't safe from biased reporting. USA Today, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the Mobile Press Register, & Miami Herald are all known for their leftist slants.

6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Christian Science Monitor has always had the reputation as being the most even-handed newspaper. It is either now, or soon will be available only online.

http://www.csmonitor.com/

7. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Good. Then I don't have to listen anymore to claims that the media is biased.

8. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

See how easy it is to misrepresent issues?

First, you said: Then I hope everyone will please stop saying that ALL the media is biased towards the liberal point of view.
    I responded: I have never heard anyone say that all of it is biased.
    You then said: Then I don't have to listen anymore to claims that the media is biased.

Let's examine.
    1. Your first claim was manifestly false. I know not "everyone" says that "all" the media is biased because at the very least I haven't said that. So you made an untrue statement.
    2. Your second statement was a false conclusion because it changed the premise. The premise was that "everyone" says "ALL the media is biased." But that doesn't rule out the more general claim that the media biased. So the fact that your first statement was true doesn't mean that your second statement follows.

It is undeniable that some of the media is biased. Recent studies of election coverage showed that conclusively. That doesn't mean that "all" are, and it doesn't mean that "everyone" says that.

What we have seen from you is a very subtle way of changing the premise with the result that the whole issue is unfairly skewed.

But more to the point, you don't have to listen to people say that the media is biased. You can stick your head in the sand. It will still be biased.