1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you feel there is a unforgivable sin

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Willow 2, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Willow 2

Willow 2 New Member

I was wandering is there a sin anyone feel's
    that cannot be forgiven?

The reason i'am asking is i have a brother that
    feel's like he has commited so many sin's, that
    God could not forgive him.

I have told him, that God can & will forgive all
    sin's, But he does not believe this.

So what do you believe?

2. Tim

Tim New Member

The only "sin" which will not be forgiven an individual is to die without faith in Christ.

Consider Saul of Tarsus, Matthew, Zacheus, the woman at the well ...

In Christ,

Tim

P.S. Does he quote Bible verses about "unforgiveable sins"?

3. preacher

preacher New Member

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Colossians 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
    These are just a couple of examples,..Jesus died for the sins of the world. To reject his unspeakable gift, & die in ones sin. Well then it is too late for forgivness.
    I do believe it's possible to "sin away your day of Grace", that is you come to the saving knowldege that the Spirit of God has dealt with you & you see you are a sinner, & you continue to reject him till he will try no longer...but we do serve a longsuffering Saviour!

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Willow 2,

Tell your brother that there is absolutely no pit of filth too deep that God will not reach in his Holy Hand of salvation and rescue those who repent.

The only unforgiveable sin (unpardonable sin) is to die with your old sin nature still intact as it was the day you were born. That is, to die without having committed yourself to Christ.

Has your brother murdered people? That's what Saul (Paul) was responsible for. He was responsible for mass murder whether he actually carried it out himself, personally, or not. (kinda like Hitler)

God miraculously saved him.

Is your brother a sexual deviant? What about Rahab , the whore of Jericho? She must have been good at what she did because the king, personally, knew her and she had a house on the wall (sign of importance).

Yet, she turned her heart to God and he rescued her from the fall of Jericho and she went to live with the Jews. She married Salmon and became Boaz's mother, Ruth's new mother-in-law, and King David's great-great-great grandmother!!

She is listed in the roll call of the faithful in Hebrews and is one of two examples of great faith in the book of James.

God lovingly saved her.

Is your brother a thief? Matthew and Zaccheus stole from their own people in the name of the oppressive Roman government. They might as well have spit in the face of their own mother and father.

The unamed thief on the cross who had absolute no right to expect anything from Jesus who was dying himself, received a sacrificial salvation.

God saved them all.

Is your brother involved things demonic and satanic? Mary Magdelene was possessed by demons and not only did Jesus heal her, but she became a very important person in his life. She and a handful of other women traveled with Jesus and the 12, tending to them and they supported them financially. She was the first one that Jesus spoke to after his resurrection.

God definitely saved her.

Tell your brother to trust God, implicitly. It's not about forgiving yourself. It's about Jesus, freely forgiving you.

Peace-

YSIC
    Scarlett O. [​IMG]
    <><

5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes there is!... God NEVER forgave SATAN for what he did to his creation!... Did he?... Brother Glen [​IMG] & [​IMG] Sister Charlotte [​IMG]

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satan is not a human bean.

HankD

7. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A human bean :eek: I'm sorry Hank I didn't know he was in the lentil family [​IMG] ... You are right he was a fallen angel... Some day it just doesn't pay to get up... Brother Glen [​IMG] & [​IMG] Sister Charlotte [​IMG]

ROFLOL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hank I posted this in the Humourous Quotes in the Members Forum... This is a classic!... Brother Glen [​IMG] & [​IMG] Sister Charlotte [​IMG]

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

Dying without Jesus.

11. Willow 2

Willow 2 New Member

No Scarlett,o i don't believe my brother has ever done anything quite that bad...that i know of anyway.
    He has some problems, But he will not say why he feel's God can't forgive him, He has had some down time's in his life, with field relationship's

But he has never told me why, he feel's God can't forgive him, Now he mite have told my husbend, cause my husbend talks with him about the lord alot more then i can, He seem's to open up with my husbend more then he does me.

So i pray someday he can open up & let the lord in, & believe in his heart that the lord can & will forgive him....

12. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Scarlett: Excellent post! [​IMG]

Willow: Scarlett is correct. The only sin that God will not forgive is rejection of His son, Jesus Christ. It may be that your brother is not ready to be saved and is just making excuses.

If that is the case, just pray for God to work in his heart and that He will place someone is your brother's path that he WILL listen to.

Blessings,
    Sue

13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 12:31
    II Kings 24:3-4
    There are more.

God does not always forgive, nor does He have to.

Remember the lesson from Pharaoh:
    Pharaoh hardened his heart
    GOD hardened Pharaoh's heart
    GOD hardened Pharaoh's heart

14. Willow 2

Willow 2 New Member

Dr. Bob i don't feel my bro. has had his heart harden, cause he has said he feel's gods present's, or god calling him i believe,

He just feel's he is unworthy of gods love in my
    opinion.

And yes i'am bless 16 i will keep on praying for him & i do pray that he will come acrost someone he can & will trust.

15. Harald

Harald New Member

Obviously some of the Pharisees committed sin which was unforgivable. They maintained that the Spirit of Christ Jesus was an unclean spirit. This was called blasphemy of the Spirit by Christ himself.

But according to the word of God people who were not chosen by God in eternity for salvation in Christ have no forgiveness. Their sin debt is not removed, and consequently they are eventually cast into the lake of fire and brimstone according to the righteous judgment of God. I do not think all of these committed the blasphemy of the Spirit as some Pharisees did. All of those who have blasphemed the Spirit have been non-elect.

Unbelief in Christ is not according to the NT called blasphemy of the Spirit. Disbelieving the Gospel of Christ, Mark 16:16, is not the cause of "he shall be damned", it is rather a manifestation of permanent unregeneracy of heart and ultimately of non-election, or, reprobation, as it is also called theologically. God is sovereign to save or not to save just as it pleases Him. He owes salvation to no one as they are considered in themselves, nor does He owe people "a chance to get saved". Such who think God owes a "chance of getting saved" to all men do not know the biblical meaning of the word "grace".

Harald

16. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey Bro. Bob,

I believe that the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is rejecting the wooing of God's Holy Spirit by rejecting that He is from God at all.

And that's what rejecting God is all about. You die a sinner with an intact sin nature.

Also, read 2 Chronicles 33. Manasseh was repentant and God was "touched". He turned back to God was was received.

The fact of the matter in II Kings where God was not "pardoning" the slaughtering of innocent blood was, in my own unscholarly opinion, the fact that sin has consequences and God was not going to withhold the punishment of Manasseh or of the Jews themselves who, along with Manasseh, "ignored God".

God did not pardon Manasseh from punishment. He was led into captivity with an Assyrian hook in his nose.

But God did listen to him when he repented. Manasseh did a lot of foul things, but he was converted.

Peace-

YSIC
    Scarlett O. [​IMG]
    <><

17. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Willow, he is almost there, do not dissuade him of this notion because he IS unworthy of God's love. He needs to know this so that he can appreciate what God's grace really is. God's grace can only be applied when we accept the fact that we are unworthy. If we think we deserve it then it is not applied.

Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace (UNMERITED favor) of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved,

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

If he ever convinces himself that he is worthy then he has no chance of heaven. Salvation is only for those who realize they are unworthy.

[ April 29, 2003, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Artimaeus ]

18. Speedpass

Speedpass Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two good friends of mine feel that dating/going out with/marrying a "significant other" who has been divorced is the "unpardonable" sin. :eek: :confused:

19. Graceforever

Graceforever New Member

I agree with Tim, the only sin that will not be forgiven, is ‘UNBELIEF’…. You will never be forgiven in this world, or in the world to come, because there is no other name under heaven whereby you must be saved, except in the name of Jesus….. If you count what he done for you as unworthy, you trample his blood under your feet……. If you do that you will never be forgiven…. There is no unforgivable sin for a Christian that is saved by grace… All other sins, murders, blasphemies, lies, sexual sins, anything else under the sun can & will be forgiven....

20. Larry in Tennessee

Larry in Tennessee New Member