1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you find that???

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by SaggyWoman, Jan 5, 2005.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Do you find that there are a lot of free willies dropping their "lose your salvation?"

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not in my experience. It's more likely that Calvinists will nudge more toward some free will doctrines (such as unlimited atonement) than the other way around.

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

While they are NOT Baptists, the Mennonites share some what of an anabaptist heritage and (if it ever does come up [which it seldom does any more in their "mass market" literature (Herald Press, esp.)]) they might be bold enough to hint at it.

July 2003 I sat down w/ the "missionary head" of the Franconia (PA) Conference Mennonites, and he as much said the same thing (in a slightly embarassed tone).

In their archives they do have some material (c. 1910-1930) that addresses the issue, but in the general fluff that's marketed today (& not just by them) that issue never seems to jump off the page.

I can visualize it already --- a Mennonite "Ford Porter" handing out tracts entitled: "God's Simple Plan for Losing Your Salvation" !!!!