1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you have the testimony of the Holy Spirit inside?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Sep 13, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

This testimony that you're a child of God and that you belong to Him. Do you have this? What is it like? A feeling? A conviction? An inner voice? What is it? I don't think I have this. I don't feel anything and I also don't hear a voice. If I had this and knew absolutely sure that I'm saved then I couldn't even doubt being saved but I have doubted being saved occasionally.
    But so many christians talk about this inner witness and I don't know what it is.
    The bible also mentions it:

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

:(

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can appreciate that this board can be a good place of fellowship. But this question deserves a face to face with your Pastor. I would seek him out immediately.:thumbsup:

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

XX

I have been saying this for some time . . . the Holy Spirit has been talking to you for some time . . .

It is time for you to find a godly Baptist pastor and start doing some counseling and then some discipleship . . .

;)

:jesus: saves

And all the time :godisgood:

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I agree with the other 2 responses, but I will say this:

It is not a feeling or a voice or something temporary like that. You are saved by grace through faith in Christ - and the HS bears witness because you receive an assurance of salvation. You also know as you read God's word that it is true and that you can believe it. And you thirst for God's word and can get enough of it. And you are regenerated by the HS, which becomes evident in how you think, see people, and behavior.

This inner witness is an assurance that comes as a result of faith and is confirmed through prayer, God's word, and other things.

5. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I do not have a pastor....

The pastor of the church where I sometimes went to is gone. I don't know the woman which replaced him. I'm not going to talk to a strange woman which might have a totally liberal theology. In Germany you never know....

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I believe that I told you some time back that I would find a pastor in your city - just ask.

There are pastors all over Germany.

7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Oh man, you're so funny.

Of course there are pastors in Germany but I do not have a car, okay?
    My range is very limited....
    In my town there aren't many churches and even if I go to a church what do you think will happen? Are you so naive and think that as soon as the pastor sees a new face he'll come running to me asking me if I allow him to dedicate his free-time to disciplining me? lol!
    Pastors are busy people. They usually don't have time. In this one charismatic church where I sometimes go to the pastor is so busy you won't ever get the chance to talk to him.

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

You are correct - I truly believe . . . and if that is funny, then so be it.

I have given up financial gain and my personal liberty so that I could pastor His sheep.

;)

You need discipleship.

9. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Romans 8:16 experience is not something you have will riding a bike, typing a note to a friend on the PC or doing your homework.

We may have assurance and confidence that we are accepted by Christ but to actually EXPERIENCE the EVENT of the Holy Spirit "bearing witness with our spirit that we ARE the children of God" you must deliberately engage him in a focused time of worship.

Elijah knew there was a God and that God was His Lord even before he saw the fire, whirlwind and then heard the still small voice. Yet actually experiencing those things ALSO happened AS WELL as his assurance in the one true God. We hear and believe many things by faith - then act on that faith. Romans 8 is the promise that when you do act on that faith in the specific act of worship you will experience a real "event" like Elisha in the cave. The act of bearing witness with your spirit is an event - an experienced event regarding your spirit and the Spirit of God

In Christ,

Bob

#9 BobRyan, Sep 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2006
  10. Link

Link New Member

xdisciplex

You don't have to find a professional pastor if one is not available. Find a mature believer who knows God.

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do you have the testimony of the Holy Spirit inside?
    Then you will "keep (your faith) for yourself", and proclaim Jesus Christ --- objectively and, "according to the Scriptures". You will accept the Law's rule over you for as long as you live, because the Bible says so, finish and klaar - nothing of your own bigotry guised as the Holy Spirirt.

12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Quoted by xdisciplex, "Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:" Ja, He won't bear witness of himself or one's parade of him under public adoration.

13. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Stay away from the woman pastor. Just quietly read the scriptures and prayerfully ask Him to reveal Himself to you. He is bound to do so as it is a delight to Him. He will see that you receive fellowship when it is necessary.

Avoid any teachings or leanings toward some burning breast or feel good theology. The feel good will be the fellowship you engage our Lord in.

14. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Romans 8:16 God gives a real promise XdiscipleX! you can rely on it! It will occur just as HE says. Fear not - God's Word is true.