1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you hide your views from the BB out of fear?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Johnv, Dec 2, 2004.

?
  1. I'm not anti-abortion, but am afraid to voice it on the BB out of fear.

100.0%
  2. I don't have a problem with evolution, but am afraid to voice it on the BB out of fear.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't have a problem with Catholicism, but am afraid to voice it on the BB out of fear.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't have a problem with infant baptism, but am afraid to voice it on the BB out of fear.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't believe the Flood was a worldwide event, but am afraid to voice it on the BB out of fear.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Maybe and especially if you posted a link to one of those "evil conspiracy" sites!

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I don't know. I say what I think in a lot of cases, but tend to hold back to an extent. One time I posted everything I thought under a title of "is this person a Baptist?"
    I was shocked when almost EVERYONE who responded stated that not only was that person not a Baptist, they weren't a Christian at all, or it was highly doubtful.
    I never did have the nerve to say that it was me. I will usually go to another board or to someone personally with more controversial questions that I have but occasionally will ask on this board. It depends. Sometimes being called this or that doesn't bother me at all, sometimes it does. Depends on who it is I guess. Barnabas, Dr. Bob, UTE, Frogman, and John V are about the only people who have the true potential to hurt my feelings (because I know they are honest and care about others). I'm sure there are more, but can't think of them now.
    But that's not really out of fear. It's more out of respect for what they say and taking time to go look into it. Maybe a tiny bit of fear in the sense that they're usually right when they disagree with me and that usually means worrying about having affected someone else with what I said that wasn't right.
    Gina

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

You ARE a conspiracy nut. :eek: You don't need to post anything for people to be aware of that. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Cool! Who would have ever thought that I would be famous? [​IMG]

5. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I don't hide my views at all on this board. I do however limit my conversations somewhat.When I see a conversation is going nowhere or when I see a person is trying to beat me over the head with thier opinion, that is when I stop.I have time for discussion but not for brow beating.
    Once you have reached a certain point in a discussion and it can be seen there will be no agreement then the conversation is over.

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately, that sometimes happens in the opening post.

7. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that I have to hide my true beliefs on the Baptist Board out of fear. I have to hide my true beliefs in a pond of whitewash to provide camouflage for the fact that I am always a good boy.

8. corinne

corinne New Member

Why can't we vote for an option that says "I am not afraid of voicing my opinions?"

Corinne

9. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are French and liberal Christian, you must be a little homesick for Paris....