1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do You Know a Church in League with the Jezebel Spirit?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Apr 29, 2012.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are the church! The church is not mere morter and wood. It is compromised of the individuals who profess to be His, and gather collectively as one to worship and praise Him...

This is the first of those letters, sent to the individuals who made up the church in Thyatira...

Revelation 2:18-23 - The Message (MSG)

Write this to Thyatira, to the Angel of the church. God's Son, eyes pouring fire-blaze, standing on feet of furnace-fired bronze, says this: "I see everything you're doing for me. Impressive! The love and the faith, the service and persistence. Yes, very impressive! You get better at it every day.

"But why do you let that Jezebel who calls herself a prophet mislead my dear servants into Cross-denying, self-indulging religion? I gave her a chance to change her ways, but she has ns o intention of giving up a career in the god-business. I'm about to lay her low, along with her partners, as they play their sex-and-religion games. The bastard offspring of their idol-whoring I'll kill. Then every church will know that appearances don't impress me. I x-ray every motive and make sure you get what's coming to you.

These letters exist for today's churches as much as they pertain to end time's things. The individuals in this church were more concerned with impressing their members, visitors, and the community with their lavish buildings, multicutlural programs, flashy services and ear-tickling preaching.

As the Lord clearly states in verse 23, He will spiritually X-ray every motive and purpose, and judgment will be passed out accordingly. No one individual, or the church [collectively] can hide from God the motives and true purpose of their ministry. If it's all for personal gain, it will be judged and dealt with as a result.

Secrets will be revealed according to Romans 2:16 (MSG) - "Their response to God's yes and no will become public knowledge on the day God makes his final decision about every man and woman. The Message from God that I proclaim through Jesus Christ takes into account all these differences."

Churches who bring in preachers 2 Timothy 4:1-4 (MSG) - I can't impress this on you too strongly. God is looking over your shoulder. Christ himself is the Judge, with the final say on everyone, living and dead. He is about to break into the open with his rule, so proclaim the Message with intensity; keep on your watch. Challenge, warn, and urge your people. Don't ever quit. Just keep it simple. You're going to find that there will be times when people will have no stomach for solid teaching, but will fill up on spiritual junk food—catchy opinions that tickle their fancy. They'll turn their backs on truth and chase mirages. But you—keep your eye on what you're doing; accept the hard times along with the good; keep the Message alive; do a thorough job as God's servant.

The church in Thyatira is like many churches in our society today. Know that today as well as in the day to come, churches (the body of Christ) will be judged for their actions.

STICK TO THE PATH BEFORE YOU, it has it hard times, but, it takes you to the narrow gate outside of heaven.

DO YOU KNOW ANY CHURCH THAT FITS THIS DESCRIPTION? If you do, what should we as a church be doing to help those in that fellowship to see the error of their ways? :type: