1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you know you are a sermon in shoes?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by TexasSky, May 23, 2005.

1. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

One of the Christian Community Centers in a large city used to sing, "Do you know oh Christian you're a sermon in shoes?"

This hit home to me recently.

I know a gentleman who was raised Roman Catholic. As a child, he was very active in the Romanc Catholic church, and knew all the bible stories, verses, etc., that most Christian churches teach, along with a lot of "traditions of men," that were taught as scripture. When Vatican II came out, this man reacted with fury. He went from wanting to be "an alter boy" to declaring all messages about the Bible to be "nice moral myths."

In discussing the bible, I realized that his anger went much deeper than feeling had by his church. He would talk about his teenage daughter as "hanging out with those born agains," in the way someone might say, "hanging out with those drug addicts."

It took a long time before this man would even discuss Christ with a civil tongue.

Then one day an amazing thing happened.

He came to me and said, "I finally saw what you were talking about. My daughter changed. Over night she changed. You know, I've always loved that kid. Always been proud of her. I never had a thing to dislike about her, and I never thought she could get better than she was - but.. she did. She changed, its like.. she glows. She just radiates love now."

I didn't have to ask, but I did to keep the conversation going.

She had come to her father, and told him that she hoped he wouldn't be angry with her, but that she had accepted Christ as her Lord and Savior, and, he shared with me, he couldn't complain because he couldn't deny the change in her.

Now, this man who was openly hostile to God is asking a million questions about Christ. Because someone who was already good and kind was transformed into someone even better when Christ became a part of them.

2. Rachel

Rachel New Member

That's awesome!

3. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

Yes it is Rachel. I've been pondering how to respond, but you just said it and I agree.

4. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

What a wonderful testimony.

5. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Reminds me of the first time I heard a pastor say, "There's the goepel according to Mark. There's the gospel according to John. There's the gospel according to Matthew and then there's the gospel according to you."

6. BillyMac

BillyMac New Member

Yes it is Rachel. I've been pondering how to respond, but you just said it and I agree. </font>[/QUOTE]