1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you like your Kindle?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by SolaSaint, Apr 17, 2013.

1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I bought a Kindle Fire in Dec 2011, I love it and use it every day. However I'm now on my fourth one. I bought the two year protection plan when I bought it and had to take it back in the first month because it locked up on me. Then it quit working again about two months later. Then about 4 months ago my Granddaughter dropped it and broke the screen. Every time they gave me a new one. But this is the last one they will let me have.

I like my Kindle but I don't want to have to buy a new one every year or so. They seem very unreliable to me. Anyone else have this problem?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Do you have it in a good case?

I've heard a few things about the Kindle Fire with it having issues but I have a regular Kindle (first a keyboard and now a Paperwhite - gave the keyboard to my daughter) and have not had a problem with it at all. The keyboard is 2 years old and I got the paperwhite about 8 months ago and love it!

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have a k2 - no problems in well over a year. Have a K fire for near a year and no problems at all. They are quite reliable from what I read on boards/forums. Dropping is always a headache for most anything :) the other three - bummer.

Actually, often lockup problems can be worked through with some tricks but not always.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/ has an active kindle section.

and http://www.ereaderiq.com/freebies/ has about 6-8 pages of free books daily if you need something to read :)

There is one point - battery life is not all that long on these readers/tablets so they aren't meant to last more than 3 years. Don't know what the average life is but not looking for much more than that on anything I buy.

4. Gib

Gib Active Member

After seeing this post, I remembered I had one. I totally forgot about it. I gave it to my son when the battery charger for his laptop died. I remember it being slow.