1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do you love to give?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Apr 17, 2014.

1. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

In my area congregations use to give to the preacher once a month and it was called pounding the preacher. Most families were farmers and had very little money and they would bring garden stuff in the summer and at hog killing time after the first big frost the preacher got a mess of hog meat. Other things like eggs because everyone had chickens. Church buildings in that day needed very little money to function on because every church had outside out houses, no plumbing, no running water. Every church building had coal stoves for heat. School houses were the same. There was no such thing as a full time paid preacher by today's standards, every preacher worked for a living.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salz.... I probably mentioned this 150 thousand times but here we go again....my friend, who is a pastor in Pike county Kentuckey told me his entire operating budget is $10,000 a year. Try that on for size...LOL!