1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do you really understand your 'opponents' views?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Skandelon, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do not focus on the persons...it is about the teaching. Romans 6 cannot be written any clearer than it is.

The Covenant is in scripture and revealed...it is not a mystery ,or unknown. Most baptists are like Johns disciples in Acts 19...we have not even heard there is a covenant

#121 Iconoclast, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2012
  2. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

I only have a high school education, and even i could write a 'creed" 'confesstion" or "Catechism"

That would not make it any more valid than any other one ever written.

They are never equal to the Bible, and should not be relied on as "The Word of God". They are the teachings of men, not God.

John

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The idea of a creed ...is simple ...it means i believe

John when someone asks you a bible question.....whatever you answer them is your .......creed.....it is what you believe.

A Cathechism...is instruction..in a question and answer format. It is only meant to be a study aid....not a substitue for the scripture.

Every good creed,or cathechism should assist us in coming to know Jesus and his word better. They are not written to confuse people, but to help.

They are not exhaustive....but an outline to point someone into the scriptures.
    the one I use is loaded with scriptures on every page....You can look at any paragraph, and use it to launch into a series of bible studies.

John.....any teaching we receive comes from men, unless you are just reading bible verses.
    [QUOTE 29Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

30And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
    ][/QUOTE]