1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you remember?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Does anyone here, like me, remember when gasoline was 35 cents a gallon and someone would come out and pump your gas, check your oil, clean your windshield, check tire pressure and then give you a free drinking glass when you filled up?

[​IMG]

2. billreber

billreber New Member

We're dating ourselves, but YES, I remember! I also remember the day I got chewed out by Dad for "wasting the money" by buying hamburger meat at $.33 per pound. (That's 33 CENTS)! Oh, for the prices of that day once again.

But wait! That also means my hourly wage would only be about $1.25, too.:laugh: :laugh:

Bill :godisgood:

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Heeeey. I remember 29.9 plus all the other things you talked about. Of course back then I could afford 29.9 less than I can afford $4.00 now!

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

All that AND a free road map. Also air was free.

5. Cutter

Cutter New Member

I went to work at a full service Texaco gas station in town in 1973 when I was 14. Regular gas (Fire Chief) was 38.9 a gallon. High test or Sky Chief as we called it was 42.9. It was very rare that an automobile cam in and took over $10.00 of gas. If it did, it came in on fumes, was a land yacht, and had a huge tank! :laugh:
    Those were the days when someone could ask for a couple of dollars of gas and nobody thought, "what are you thinking?"!

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In 1970, I remember in Atlanta, Ga there was a gas war and Hess was only 25 cents per gallon.

I also remember candy bars being a nickle and soda was a dime.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I remember Dad saying, "when gas hit's a dollar a gallon I will quit driving". He died in 97 and was still driving.

I also remember putting all our money together to have $1.83 and had enough gas to mess around all night.

8. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Ah, yes--those were the days! I remember being able to fill up my very first car for $4.50. I got gas yesterday, and it was $3.94 a gallon.