1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Do you see Two Different levels of the Holy spirit Among believers today?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DaChaser1, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    many fillings...one baptism

2. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is watered down word of faith doctrine.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Imho...

I would have to go along with number-one and two; however, number-three is the kind of rationale and theology behind the Word of Faith/Name it Claim it folks, and I do not believe a gift, not manifested, or not fully manifested, has anything to do with a person's godliness of faith.

As I said in my post, God will not impose His gifts upon any of His Children if they do not want that gift, or portions of that gift.

That my friend is what makes the body so unique. We have tones of people, gifted in many ways and forms, and it is the entirety of the gifts in each person that make up for the body as a whole.

4. robertguwapito

robertguwapito New Member

Hi Plain and Simple :smilewinkgrin:

1st Corinthians 12:13 says, "For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink."

The Bible teaches that there is only one baptism of the Holy Spirit, and that baptism happens when one is saved. So every genuine Christian has been baptized by the Holy Spirit.

This second phenomena or experience that you do believe in is a Pentecostal teaching and doctrine. And as practiced by Pentecostals, when they receive this "secondary" baptism, they speak in tongues, ARE SLAIN IN THE SPIRIT, GET DRUNK IN THE SPIRIT, LAUGH UNCONTROLLABLY (HOLY LAUGHTER), MAKE ANIMAL SOUNDS, ROLL ON THE CARPET, etc...

Scripture should verify experience, and not the other way around. :smilewinkgrin:

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pardon Me, but.......

.....you are a littel off about several of your premises.

1) The gift of tongues is part and parcel of the initial Baptism, There is, IMHO, NO second phenomena. At least that I am aware of.

2) As for: Being SLAIN IN THE SPIRIT ( something similar took place when the Roman soldiers went to arrest Jesus, and they asked where Jesus was, and when His presence was made known, they were knocked off their feet, humbled before Him).

Getting "DRUNK IN THE SPIRIT, LAUGHING UNCONTROLLABLY (HOLY LAUGHTER), MAKING ANIMAL SOUNDS, and ROLLING ON THE CARPET" are nothing more than theatrical/dramatic hysterics on behalf of the WOF/Name it Claim it (NiCi) crowd.

There is no Scripture to support these behaviors. Some spirit-filled persons take being spirit filled WAY Toooooooooooo far. However, then again, some believers in every denomination (Westboro Baptist church for one) make a complete donkey butt out of their doctrinal stands, practices, and beliefs.

We don't toss out the bushel because there are a few bad apples in it. We selectively go through what we have, and spiritually discern, examine, inspect and scrutinize what we find in order to remain on the mark. :thumbsup:

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is what it is...

....but I assure you that I am not WOF. If however, you choose to believe it is WOF-light, than so be it, because you have a definite opinion that is unreasonable and not wavering.

However, I would prefer that you cease with your accusations of my words as being "watered down WOF doctrine." What you believe is up to you...what I believe is up to me. I can assure you that neither of us will be cast into hell for believing the way we do, because what our foundation is built upon is that we are both saved by the blood of Jesus Christ. :thumbsup:

7. robertguwapito

Dear Righteous Dude,

1. The Baptism of the Holy Ghost referred to by Plain N Simple and the majority of Pentecostals is a secondary experience. By implication, if you haven't experienced it, you're kinda a second-class Christian (those who have it, those who haven't). But Christ makes us complete.
    2. The Roman soldiers did not experience being slain in the Spirit. No such incident happened: "Then the detachment of soldiers with its commander and the Jewish officials arrested Jesus. They bound him..." (John 18:12).
    I assure you, you wouldn't want to be Slain in the Spirit the biblical way--remember Ananias and Saphira?
    3. The Slain in the Spirit, Drunk in the Spirit, Holy Laughter phenomena belong to the same bunch of crazy, dangerous, and unbliblical Pentecostal practices. They are spirit-filled allright--but of a demonic spirit. :eek:

:thumbs:

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Check this out...

9. robertguwapito

10. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

There are not two baptisms of the Holy Ghost. When we are saved, we get the Holy Ghost in His completeness. We all, as believers, have the same amount of the Holy Ghost.

12. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

I'm not sure if I've seen different of levels of the Spirit, but I have seen people getting healed by a pastor that has never spoke in tongues, and I've heard another speak in tongues that healed a woman who was deaf. I try not to put the Spirit in a box of ridgid rules, but look at scripture. Jesus restored sight with mud one time, and without mud another.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 10
    44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Acts 2:4
    And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Acts 19:6
    And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Mark 16:17
    And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dude...let me put it this way....your post was riddled with unbiblical thought.

Sign gifts have ceased...it is not a matter of .....they cease if you think they ceased...or they manifest if you feel like they manifest....this is no where taught in scripture when gifts were manifest. I do hear false teachers in our day say this however.

At pentecost.... gifts ,signs and wonders were manifest by the Spirit alongside of apostolic preaching, and right through the whole book of Acts.

No where was this kind of reasoning expressed in Acts as you offer here.

Yes...as you say;
    this statement is subjective and also unbiblical;
    Can you show me that in Acts 2? can you show that anywhere in Acts??
    anywhere in scripture???

14. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It Is Best Not to Feed ....

...the pig...:smilewinkgrin:

Let me just say, that there are many among you (yes, on this board, oh my gosh, please say it ain't true!) who disagree, and practice the gifts as they have been distributed.

#34 righteousdude2, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2012
  15. plain_n_simple

Lol, pigs need love too....

16. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That would be if there were any pearls around....but you are not showing any.

Looks like we cannot find such things in Acts at all.or anywhere else...but TBN.;);)

What "gifts' do you claim to be practicing??

17. plain_n_simple

I believe that.

18. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NOTE to those who are not so OPINIONATED.

:thumbsup:

19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hey dude...clear your mail box...it says it is full....tried to send a response to your pm...said it was full

by the way...everyone has an opinion dude......your use [or misuse of Mt 7] shows you have an opinion...that i do not share....
    you can claim to be " moving in whatever you think your moving in" but this again is unbiblical terminology....used by the many false teachers in our day. again not in scripture, not in Acts of the Apostles

#39 Iconoclast, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2012
  20. plain_n_simple

Iconoclast, this is not to start a fight, or derail this thread, but I'd like to know what scripture you use and teaching that the gifts has ceased. I will not respond, just curious.