1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you still do big Sunday dinners anymore?

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Jun 9, 2013.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Is that something you do or are involved in?

2. Gib

Gib Active Member

With the family, no. With the church, yes, every 5th Sunday.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When the grandparents were alive, yes. Everybody and his brother (pun intended) congregated at Memaw's house after church and there was enough people to make a small army and enough food to feed that army.

Since they've all gone and the aunts/uncles are now the grandparents/great-grandparents, those days are gone for my part of the family. Sunday dinner is usually at my parents' house with just them and me and my brother. Menu includes something that my mother and I can do quickly and easily and is served on paper plates.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Normally, Mrs Salty does not make a big dinner on Sunday. We normally do not get home until about 1 -2 pm from church - and since we both work Sunday graveyard shifts - we tend to go to bed early. So Sunday dinner tends to be more of a snack than anything else

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We never have. When we get home from church, it's about 1 pm. We're all tired and hungry and grab whatever is in the fridge. Then my big girls go to work if they are scheduled (they work at a grocery store - on Sunday they will work from 2-6 if they are scheduled) and then they have college group after that (my oldest runs the computer for worship and my next one down helps to lead worship). So the other kids, hubby and I will either just hang out and relax, having an easy dinner or if it's summer and sunny, we'll go out on the boat. :)

So no, we don't do big dinners on Sunday. I'd like to have more people out during the summer on Sunday afternoons on the boat though!! If anyone is on Long Island on a Sunday, give me a buzz!

6. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We still do a big dinner on the last sunday of the month. Just so the kids and grandkids remember what a dinner is, and what it's like to eat a meal together.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope...kids not around so easier to just make a sandwich.:laugh:

8. FootballRef

FootballRef New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We don't eat any differently on Sunday than we do the other days of the week.