1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think there will ever be a constitutional amendment banning abortion?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by StefanM, Feb 3, 2008.

?
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  3. Unsure

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Share your views.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes I do. Murdering abortionists are losing ground on this issue.

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You think 3/4 of the states would agree to a ban on abortion? Wow.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Yes I do:thumbs:

5. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

I do. I think there is a very large group within the pro-choicers already that think abortion is wrong, but do not want government telling women what they can or cannot do with their bodies. If we can reach this group, and assure them government will not be making decisions for them, we may be well on our way to stopping this evil.

love,

Sopranette

6. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

First it would take politicians to do the will of the people and I don't think that this will happen because this will always remain an issue to attract voters. I do believe that most Americans would outlaw abortions if they truly had control of our U.S government.

#6 Petra-O IX, Feb 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2008
  7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I agree with you. Most pro life politicians talk about abortion for a season around election time. Until the power base changes out of the two party system, no I do not think there will be an amendment. The second best choice is to take the issue back to the states, where there will be some automatic banning. Then, we can fight for the remaining states on a much smaller scale.

8. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

As long as this nation continues to vote according to it's purse the abortion issue will remain largely as it is today.

Our Fore Fathers sat around and debated the slavery issue for 2 generations after the Constitution was signed. Many feared that a day of blood shed was on the horizon. The judgment came in 1860 for it's mistreatment of millions of innocent Afro-American men, women and children. The blood of Americans ran throughout the hills of, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, Maryland, South Carolina, Arkansas and Florida. To this day all the wars that Americans have died in does not match the casualties that resulted in the inaction of politicians. Their unwillingness to upset the economy of the South begot the Civil War. And to some extent we still see the result of that inaction even today.

I fear that another day like that day at Fort Sumter is nigh upon us. The Nation needs to be on it's knees beseeching God Almighty for forgiveness for the horrendous slaughter of 49 million lives. Then do something about it, "Go and sin no more".

May God forgive us.

#8 Palatka51, Feb 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2008
  9. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

10. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

I haven't heard of this before. Thank you, Pamela. Its time is long overdue.

love,

Sopranette

11. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe this nation will survive long enough (sans a direct intervention from God) to ever make such a change.

The liberal element has been nibbling at our country for many years now, and, if you will notice, the overall structure of this nation has been steadily declining since the 50's. Probably longer, but that's just when I began to notice the struggle between leftist and conservatives.

Unfortunately, conservatives have been largely quiet up to some 20-30 years ago, and now we're coming in with too little too late.

Again if you will notice, when compromise occurs, it is at least 95% of the time that the conservative gives ground to the liberal. If you doubt this just compare the society of today with that of the 40's, 50's; morally and spiritually we are nose-diving into hell!!

So, no, abortion will never be "unconstitutional"; at least not until He returns!!