1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you wear a cross necklace?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Living by Faith, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

What? That satanic symbol. :eek: </font>[/QUOTE]I was going to leave this alone when I originally saw it...but the symbol spoken of is actually a symbol of the trinity...but it has also been used on the T.V. show Charmed...which is about 3 sister witches.

2. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

The triquetra? It represents trinity. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, of course, in Christian symbolism; Mother, Maiden and Crone in pagan symbolism.

I do not wear any religious jewelry.

3. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Kate, thanks for that...I have researched it in depth. I've posted what I've found on the topic in other threads. Like I said...my research has led me to my belief that for me, crosses, pictures of angels, pictures of my kids, my drivers license...none of these are being worshipped like the second commandment admonishes us not to do. Although the scripture actually says not to make any graven images...of well anything...it does go on to qualify this admonishment to be on the contingency of "to worship". I don't worship my cross necklace.

My belief is 99.9% sure..but to say that it was 100% would just be arrogent...and I have to allow that being 100% sure on any subject would be saying that I'm perfect and know everything...and I am so far from that...I could never say that. I have to leave a window open for not knowing with absolute ceertainty God's plan or intention . I don't understand everything 100%...none of us do. Sorry I made it sound like I had "serious" doubts.

Thank you for your concern though...it was nice of you.

Laurenda

4. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

Aha! So that's where that came from...my mother calls me "the Crone". Gosh, I had forgotten completly where she got that from. My mother is a saved Christian...in case my saying this raised any alarm...she is also a student of world religions.

Laurenda ;)