1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do Young Americans Have a Clue?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, Mar 1, 2008.

1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Both my mother and my aunt were teachers before they retired and I definitely think the profession deserves much more respect than it gets in America. Teachers need to earn it however. They should definitely have annual performance reviews like professionals who work in industry have. I agree that college education majors should definitely be made more rigorous. That being said, I think teachers deserve higher pay.

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Teachers

For some strange reason or reasons it appears that it is politically correct or advantageous to criticize both teachers and public schools. This seems true on both the left and the right, by fundamentalist Christians as well as liberal Christians. You should remember that in America the goal is to educate or try to educate all children. In most countries this if far from true and a child that either cannot make the grade, pass the state tests or is a problem are dismissed from school, even elementary schools, and have no chance at an education.