1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dobson Funeral Today

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Jerome, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BJU grad was known for his book The Fundamentalist Phenomenon: The Resurgence of Conservative Christianity (1981).

http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/lo...12/28/ed-dobson-dies-calvary-church/77977304/

"Ed Dobson, the former senior pastor at Calvary Church in Grand Rapids, has passed away. Dobson, who had been living with ALS for the last several years, died on Dec. 26. Calvary Church released a statement saying Dobson's funeral is scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 31 at 11 a.m. in the church sanctuary. Current senior pastor, Jim Samra, says there is no visitation prior to or reception following the service."

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry to learn this. When I was at BJU ('70-'72) Eddie Dobson won the student preaching contest with a very memorable message.

While I disagree with aspects of his view of fundamentalism, I know he was a man of God. (I have his books In Search of Unity, and The Fundamentalist Phenomenon,with Ed Hindson and Jerry Falwell.)

I hasten to add that I oppose his "seeker-sensitive" approach. (Forgot I had his book on that too, Starting a Seeker-Sensitive Service.) I think he went astray on that one.

#2 John of Japan, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016