1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does a vote really mean 100% support?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by dan e., Jun 5, 2008.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Don't like getting your ludicrous statements called out, eh? Then you shouldn't make them. You are embarrasing yourself.

You don't have to respond to me. I will continue to point out lunacy and innane comments when I see them.

2. dan e.

dan e. New Member

I think you are playing the victim a little too much here.

Either way, I'm experiencing different things. When was the last time you befriended a homosexual? Just to be their friend, no strings attached, and treated them as a friend? Love them as a friend, and you'll be surprised.

The Christian right has given all Christians a HORRIBLE reputation of how we react...instead of how we act.

Serve people. They may not convert....but they'll be surprised at your love.

3. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

No, what I dont like is you twisting my statements to make it imply something that i didnt say.

Your are a left wing liberal and I am a conservative, bible-believing fundamentalist, and we will never agree so why argue?

You support abortion(baby murder) and gay rights and the Bible tells me that they are wrong. I will never go against the Bible and I can only pray that you will repent and start obeying the scripture.

So, it seems that we have nothing to talk about.

AJ

4. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I'll just be honest with you, I cant stand to be around a man that acts, and talks like a little girl. I work in the metal fabrication industry, and there arent many sissys in my trade. In fact I have never known of one at all. So, I am not around them very much. When i do by chance come across one, I treat them just as nicely as I do anyone else, but I dont have any desire to develop a friendship with them. And I dont trade with queer owned businesses, that is if I know for a fact that it is queer owned. There is one florist and one hairdresser in our town that is for sure queer owned/operated, but I choose to trade with Christian business owners.

AJ

5. dan e.

dan e. New Member

Well then, let me introduce you to Jesus. Because you act opposite of Him.

It is one thing if you are in an environment that never comes across them (rememeber, I just mentioned a homosexual as an example...this could be any unbeliever). With the attitude you have, this is exactly why the Christian right has the reputation that it does. Read through the gospels and pay attention how Jesus acts to people. The times He gets angry, like you are acting, is when He deals with people like you.

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Interesting. I haven't seen any twisting of statements in this thread. Maybe you could show how your words have been twisted, because I'm not seeing it.

You mean as nicely as you've treated MP? MP is a Christian and you don't seem to have any problem calling him names and lying about him. If you treat other Christians that way, how much more do you do and say about the "queers"?

7. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

MP, I apologise for going overboard in our discussion. I said some things to you that I really didnt mean and really shoudlnt have said.

I will try in the future to not let my frustration grow into anger.

Please forgive me.

AJ

8. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nevermind...all is well now.

I will add this, I've been involved in conversations with people on all sides (yes, there are more than two) of these issues. One of the significant observations my friends (who are at differing vantage points on this debate) and I have made is the rhetoric of the debate by the extremists is so similiar in passion and general tone. When you break the extremem views down, get rid of the unique aspects of their position, it sounds strikingly similiar. :)

#48 preachinjesus, Jun 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2008
  9. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Continue to hold onto truth AJ and let not you pearls be soiled in the sty. Your language is strong and when our passions are brought to the boiling point it is best to walk away. Your wisdom is your pearl and anger is the sty, therefore cast not your pearl if the mud begins to rise.
    Matt 7:6
    6Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

10. Cutter

Cutter New Member

In honor of Dick Martin;
    Here come de Judge!

11. Magnetic Poles

No problem AJ. I greatly appreciate the apology. I know we disagree on a lot and will never see eye to eye, but that doesn't mean I don't care about you and your family. I try my best to stick to issues in a rational manner, not to attack any fellow BB member. If I have offended you, please accept my apology as well. Please don't take political opinions that disagree with yours as an attack on you. I never intend that.

I take a liberal position on social and theological issues and conservative ones on fiscal issues. That is no secret. I don't think liberal is a dirty word. Neither is conservative. LIke I said before, brave soldiers from all points on the political spectrum died to give us the freedom to argue the issues, even vigorously at times.

God bless.

#51 Magnetic Poles, Jun 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2008
  12. Magnetic Poles

So Mel, which am I... a dog or a swine?