1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does anyone here believe that we are Christians because our parents are Christians?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JustChristian, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am just saying show me your works or your lack of works and I will show you your faith. Very simply concept to understand ... right from Timothy.

2. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Paul is writing to Timothy, a christian, and yes what you said applies to christians. If a person is a christian then his faith should be evident in his works, that is what Paul is saying. What I am saying that even non-christions produce good works, so doing good works does not automatically mean one is a christian. This is not a hard concept to understand either.

Why do people have a hard time with this? Christians can commit sins and non christians can do good works. Just because you see a person doing something sinful doesnt mean he is not a christian, and just because you see someone helping the poor and less fortunate doesnt mean that they are a christian. Not hard to comprehend, is it?

AJ

3. TLB

TLB New Member

:laugh: it is a good thing that my salvation and faith don't rest in the hands of my parents.

i don't care what faith obama is...i don't like him and with as much as i don't like bush...i almost rather have another 4 yrs of bush than even think about 1 second of obama as pres.:tear: