1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Anyone Know Anything....

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by wpe3bql, May 18, 2015.

1. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

.... about the "God's Word Translation" Bible??

I purchased a Bible Translations Comparison chart put out by Rose Publishing. Most of the translations it lists I've at least heard about, but I've never read anything about this translation.

According to the chart, it came out in 1995 and was published by the Lockman Foundation/Zondervan. It states that is was the work of 84 "biblical scholars and English reviewers 'to ensure accurate, natural English.'"

Evidently it was primarily aimed at a younger (teenage) audience since its reading grade level is that of 5.1 (early fifth grade).

FWIW, here is how it translates John 3:16-17: "God loved the world this way: He gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but to save the world."

Comments?

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Lockman Foundation was not involved in the translation.

Check out Michael Marlow's analysis:

http://bible-researcher.com/godsword.html

3. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

Thanks for the information.

I probably won't buy one of these Bibles in the near future.

OTOH, I'm not one who is adamantly opposed to some of its features. Guess I'll stick with the NLT 2d edition if I want to refer to a more up-to-date version.

4. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member