1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does anyone know of any debates on Open Theism by professionals?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Jefferson, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Jefferson

Jefferson New Member

I'm currently studying the open theism issue. The quickest way to get up to speed is from reading and/or listening to debates (preferrably from degreed theologians). I am only aware of a couple of these. One is a book published by Baker Academic called, <a href="http://www.spiritrestoration.org/bookreviews/Does_God_have_a_future.htm" target="_blank">Does God Have a Future?: On Divine
    Providence
    </a> which was a collection of email exchanges between Christopher Hall and John Sanders. And the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society published a few exchanges between John Sanders, Gregory A. Boyd, Clark Pinnock and Bruce A.

And currently in progress at www.TheologyOnLine.com is a debate between Dr. Samuel Lamerson of Knox Theological Seminary and a pastor from Denver.

Those are the only debates I'm aware of (by degreed theologians) on the topic of open theism. If anyone knows of any others, please post them here. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot in advance.

2. obscureone

obscureone New Member

Not a debate but still a great resource on the topic are the books by Bruce Ware ("God's Lesser Glory" & "God's Greater Glory").

3. rc

rc New Member

There is a debate between John Piper and Greg Boyd on video but is VERY rare... It was at Bethel... Piper made Boyd look very undisciplined. Piper does have a reply on his desiring God website also. If you want a REALLY good book that destroys open theism you can pick one up for free at any church.... It's called the Bible. [​IMG]

4. WHYME

WHYME New Member

There is a very interesting discussion (debate) @ theologyonline.com between Bob Enyart and Dr. Sam lamerson. Dr Lamerson is an Ast.Prof. of NT and Dean of Students at Knox Theological Seminary and closely associated with The D.James Kennedy Ministery in Coral Gables Fl.

5. Jefferson

Jefferson New Member

I'm following that debate closely. It looks to me like Dr. Lamerson is getting his theological head handed to him.