1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does Election/predestination FORCE one to do something against their will?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Yeshua1, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That Judas was stuck having to do to jesus, pharoah to do asGod forced him too?

2. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Reformed theology says we do nothing to seek after God and no one is good, we are depraved in sin, so our will is against God and when we are regenerated unto salvation I guess that would be considered against our will. The Potter molds us as He wills, some for Glory and some for dishonor.

What that tells us is that God changes our will. What we once didn't seek, we now desire. I do believe that the lost truly don't want God in their lives. Have you ever witnessed to someone like that. So I would save their will is not stuck or forced but right where they want to be. :thumbsup:

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree.:thumbsup:

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So would you agree that Judas was indeed 'stuck" by God to be the fulfillment of prophey concerning one to turn against Messiah, but that Judas willingly chose to fulfill that role, not foreced/coerxced?