1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

does everything have a reason?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Mar 15, 2007.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

If something bad happens to a christian does there always have to be a deeper reason behind it and God is using this to teach us something or to discipline us?
    Isn't this thought even more depressing? Because this means that if something bad happens then this is God's will. I think this is sick. :tear:
    Always this stuff about God trying to teach us something or God allowing something because of something else. Who says that everything has to have a reason? :(
    If I have a problem and then think that this problem is caused by God to teach me something then this means that it's not even possible for me to solve the problem because if it is from God then I cannot solve it. Great. This is really totally encouraging....

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Don't look at it as though God is causing your problems, but that God allows problems in your life so that you will learn and grow closer to Him.

Romans 8
    28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But what if you don't? What if you don't grow closer to him at all? Does this mean that even if you are somehow able to solve the problem then God will send new problems because you failed to grow closer to him? :tear:

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Maybe. Just stop being so stubborn and listen to God. He wants you to learn. If you love God all things will work for your good, just like His word says.

5. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

What are you talking about!? Man, you don't even know what I am talking about and you think you know what God is trying to tell me? Gosh...

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I was responding to your question X. No, I don't know your specific problem because you chose not to disclose it. You are speaking in general terms. Don't get angry with me because I can't read your mind.

We all go through problems. Some are caused by other people. Some are because we live in a fallen world. And some are caused by our own poor decisions.

I do know that God will help us deal with our problems and IF we love Him, He will use those problems to help us grow. And sometimes He doesn't take the problem away. Ask Paul:

2Cr 12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
    2Cr 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

As usual, you are expecting magic answers to all your questions.

7. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think so.

Don't worry, God is willing to teach you and help to resolve the problem for you thru Jesus Christ and what Jesus has done at the Cross.