1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God constantly produce souls?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Jul 1, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I have a question about how the soul production works. The bible says God already knew us before the earth was created.
    If God created us all before the earth was made does this mean he is no longer producing souls? If this is true then this would mean there is only a finite number of souls and once all these souls are gone because enough humans have been born then no more humans can be born! This would mean that as soon as the last soul has been put into an embryo the end has to come cause there are no souls left. And this would mean that the coming of the end is linked and dependant on the fertility rate of humanity. If humanity multiplies fast then the souls will be gone faster, if they multiply slower then everything will be delayed, isn't this strange? Have you ever thought about this?

And what I also ask myself is how does God determine where a soul goes? Or how are the souls assigned? Why was I born where I was born and not as somebody else in a different country?
    And what I also don't understand is if God consciously decides which souls go to babies which will either die at an infant age or which will be aborted. Because all these babies go to heaven. Does this mean that since God has already chosen all of those which will make it to heaven God also decides which babies will die early or will be aborted? Does this serve a purpose because if these babies grew up then maybe they would not have believed and gone to hell and in order to still get them into heaven God consciously put these souls into babies which will die and then go to heaven?
    But if every baby which dies makes it to heaven then people might also say that abortion is actually a good thing because all those aborted babies are in heaven now. :confused:
    If all babies which die make it to heaven then wasn't the time in the past where most babies died because of poor medical care a time of huge harvest? Because most of the humans went to heaven, does this mean that actually it's a blessing if a baby dies because it goes to heaven? :confused:

There are so many things I don't understand. This sucks. When I don't understand how something works then it seems so unreal to me. :(
    Or do you think that every soul is the same? Or does God "configure" every soul and when it's "delivered" then it already has some pre-sets? Because if every soul was exactly the same then we would all be clones, right? Do you think that God already determined the character of every soul before it was delivered? But if he determined the characters of all souls then does this mean that the bad guys are bad because God made them with a bad character?

2. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I think you have asked quite a few questions that God simply has chosen not to answer for us.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Souls don't exist before birth. How an unborn child gets a soul and from where is something God does not tell us. He is the Creator but he also provided a way for man to reproduce, which is still something that God did. So ultimately, he is the Creator.

It would be more productive to spend time reading the Bible, xdisciplex, than asking these type of speculative questions. One would almost think you are going for a Guiness Book of World Records on how many questions one person is able to ask on a forum. :tongue3:

4. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Souls aren't fashioned in Heaven or wherever God is, then sent to earth with a designated assignment. Souls are not sent, period. The "soul" is not "out there," somewhere. You didn't get M194 and I didn't get Z987.

Unless one is very careful, attentive to 1 Corinthians 2:9-16, one confuses soul and spirit, and the activity of the loving Holy Spirit.

God breathed the spirit of abundant life into Adam, creating him utterly committed and utterly able to walk with God. Eve-Adam sinned. The obedient relationship, the fellowship, collapsed, as the spirit of abundant life withdrew. Adam became lost, stumbling around outside the Garden of Eden, not resting in God, but striving to make it on his own. We see the fruits of that error in Cain, who murdered Abel, and modern-day crises around the world.

Every one of us, born of the flesh thereafter, is lost out here in this wilderness. Jesus came to find us, to restore the spirit of abundant life, the ability to walk with Him. God "comes alongside" as the Holy Spirit, imparting to us the gift of a spirit of holiness, that spirit being equipped to deal with our sinful, ever-present catalog of learned behaviors, pre-conceived notions and ideas (which we call the mind), gradually (for most) overcoming the mind with His means of coping. The human mind, in this context, is the soul. God does not "breathe" into us the spirit of abundant life, as He did with Adam. We acquire it (He rewards it) in our personal relationship with Jesus.

The soul, the mind, is the home of doing things my way, choosing how I will behave; it includes my will, and it fuels my emotions. The emotions are "energy in motion," following well-worn neural pathways to anger, jealousy, rage, the grief of the flesh, fighting, quarreling ~~ you get the picture. The soul is "of us," the spirit is of God. We are gifted it as we yield to God through Jesus Christ, in the power of the Holy Spirit, as we immerse ourselves in His One and Only Word, the Bible, and daily, fervent prayer, and prayers uttered as simple sentences, sometimes even one or two words: God! Thank You, God! Love You, Lord! Bless today, Lord! Fill me up, Lord!

The spirit is, obviously, a spiritual construct, not a product of the brain, the mind, the will, the emotions. It is separate and apart from those.

The soul, having been created in us by us and our family, extended family, friends, enemies, the media, books, TV, over time, is always at war with the spirit imparted to us at the moment of salvation. That spirit is not some cloud or invisible force "out there" in the universe, waiting for an assigment. It is "the Mind of Christ," the spiritual insight and understanding that Christ has, that we have access to. We receive it only in Him, through His written Word, as the Holy Spirit facilitates our understanding. There is no greater love than this! :Fish: :flower:

5. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Man substitutes himself for God when he commits the crime of abortion. Abortion is murder, pure and simple.

No one is blessed when a baby dies of disease or neglect or mistreatment or accident or murder. Thank God that He is there for them in these instances.

We are born into a realm where satan is the prince and power of the air, seeking whom he may devour. Those who dwell in confusion about life and death, punishment for sin, God's will, the price Jesus paid, remain there, opening themselves up to endless Q&A. Those who put their faith, hope, and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, seeking thereafter to walk in his footprints, looking to His Word for answers, put on the whole armor of God. Every piece of armor that Paul describes can be shown to represent Jesus Christ. He lives His life through us when we surrender to His Q&A, not the Q&A of the world, the flesh, the devil. My prayer is that you will surrender to His Truth, found only in His Word. :praying: :praise:

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So you believe life begins with conception and not at birth? Just asking your view.

7. genesis12

genesis12 Member

I am responding to questions raised by xdisciplex. I'm not here to debate or express views to others.