1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God Control and/or Know All things? A continuation...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by preacher4truth, Jun 23, 2011.

?
  1. God does not know all things.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Man controls things, not just God, and man must allow God to intervene.

33.3%
  3. Saying God uses sin to accomplish His will makes God sinful, and you are wrong!!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. God only controls some things, and man controls the others.

33.3%
  5. God is always, in all things, and in all ways, in total control of all things, thus He is Sovereign.

100.0%
  6. Saying God does not control all is to deny His Sovereignty.

66.7%
  7. Denying God Sovereignly in control of all things is denying His Sovereignty.

66.7%
  8. I can't grasp Biblical Truth that God controls everything, I should "Selah" and go consider.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. It worries me seeing God controls all things to accomplish His Sovereign purpose and will.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Seeing God as having/Giving God all Authority is wrong and Unscriptural, He is not this Sovereign.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Totally accepted and forgiven brother.

I just see all this about God, and am floored and stand in awe of Him.

I just can't help that. I see Him ulitimately and Sovereignly reigning in control of all things and take great comfort in these things. And that He saved me? Are you kidding me? Him, save me?

No one needs Gods mercy more that me, and no one deserves it less than I.

That is the truth and I do not lie.

2. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Absolutely true for EVERYONE of us.

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

If you call believeing God's word for what it says "lacking in reasoning", then I plead guilty to the charge.

Look, the scriptures say this man, whether the Lord or one of his angels "withstood" him for 21 days until Michael "helped" him. I didn't write the scriptures, God did. I simply believe what it says. It also says this man attempted to come to Daniel from the moment he first prayed, why would God prevent his own messenger from coming to Daniel? Why would he send this messenger the first day if he really wanted to wait 21 days? So, I don't follow your reasoning at all. Satan is not following God's orders like a servant, he is actively opposed to God, and in this case prevented God's messenger from coming to Daniel for 21 days.

4. preacher4truth

The problem lies within your inability and unwillingness to dump your proof-text theology. The other side of the coin is your seeming unwillingness to give God the Glory, and to recognize His full control of all things. I also feel you may harbor some ill feelings about it since He is in full control of all things. Also, I had a grandfather who embraced this limitted God theology, shared with me commentary (can't remember the autor, but from Coc) that showed the authors unwillingness to give God glory. It was ugly really, a very oppressive and anti-biblical representation of God. After all his arguing, on his death bed, he asked how to make sure he was saved, having believed in baptismal regeneration.

You're not believing and accepting God has all authority. It takes an eye of faith also Winman, and this based upon the entire counsel of God. This withstanding fell all into Gods plan and worked exactly accordingly. Tell me whats wrong with that and why you have a problem with it. Tell me you think God was surprised and was delayed by this unknowingly and had to go to plan B? I actually believe you would believe this, and in it I see a weak, limitted God, not Almighty God of the Scriptures. Not picking, it just looks pretty apparent to me.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I was going to edit the personal attack out of here P4T, unit I realized I couldn't. The entire post is a condescending personal attack that doesn't address Winman's post one iota. Stop your ranting and raving, and accusations about what you think he believes and address the post. This is the type of post that gets this thread shut down. It is not Winman that has the problem here.

6. preacher4truth

Explaining the facts of where his viewpoint leads me, in my mind is not a personal attack in any manner. He in fact says God is limited in knowledge. I believe it to be unscriptural, and using a text to prove it fails to see the entire Word of God. A la proof-texting.

Nothing was condescending when explaining facts, of how he sees things, and of how I see truth, and applying there logical end against one another isn't either.

I've never said what I think he believes. I've addressed what he has stated and defended to be his personal belief system, and asked what is wrong with seeing it from this side.

I won't allow you to drag me into a fight as it is unecessary as I am walking with God.

- Blessings and Peace to you

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

His post was about: warfare, Daniel, Michael, God and Satan being in a battle, etc. You addressed none of that. Instead of addressing that you, in so many words called him ignorant of Bible knowledge. That is unacceptable. It demands an apology. It is not civil debate.

8. preacher4truth

I most certainly did address that:

Two times:

- Blessings and Peace to you

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Go back and read his post. Within the post two questions were directly asked. Both of them started with "why" which demands an explanation, not a yes or no answer. But even then you hardly gave that. You rudely answered with another question. It shows your inability to intelligently carry on a conversation. As I warned before this type of behavior will get this thread closed quickly.

10. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

11. preacher4truth

No, I've already read it once. Actually several times.

As I've shown you, I did address it. Even gave you proof.

I answer with questions because, well, frankly, it is allowed. It's called leading one another in thought. Jesus did it Himself. I employ this methodology myself.

I know, I am unintelligent and have no abilities, you tell me this quite often.

- Blessings and Grace

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Look, here is your first paragraph, sentence by sentence to Winman. Show me any hint of an answer to his post. There is nothing but insult.
    Continue on.

Perhaps I will post it so other moderators can see it.

This is not permitted on this board, but you do it over and over again, and then have the gall to deny it.

13. preacher4truth

Obviously you've left out the parts that show I did, in fact, address it. Didn't you, my friend? Where's the rest of it?

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There doesn't have to be a "rest". Personal attacks are not permitted. Period.

15. preacher4truth

You left out the part where I did answer Winman.

I cut and pasted it for you brother. I think the intentions in you drawing this out farther are apparent, you want to fight and I'm not biting on it. I'm a bigger man than that and you're not even close to getting to me.

However, I am bowing out of replying to you, and seriously don't need to be threatened by you and have my steps dogged by you constantly. Nothing in this is edifying to me personally.

- Peace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.