1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God have a SENSE OF HUMOR?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ROBERTGUWAPO, Sep 28, 2005.

1. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

Yes, does God have a sense of humor? Scripture support or life experiences please... :D

2. Rachel

Rachel New Member

YES, I believe He does! :D

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I believe He does too. We are made in His image. Just watch "funniest home videos" on tv and imagine each episode 24/7 around the world. I'm sure God gets a kick out of it [​IMG]

4. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

I would like to think that He does but I am not so sure. Finding something funny requires being surprised at words, actions, etc. God is never surprised. Imagine hearing a joke that you once thought was funny but after hearing it 50 times it no longer seems funny. Even if you laugh at something repeatedly you are still remembering the surprise and unexpected outcome.

5. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

YES, I'm in bible school.

6. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

I said I would never go to school , but here I am. I can feel him laughing nearly every day.

7. Yes everytime I think about that question my answer is always YES !

Just look at all the animals he made some are down right funny [​IMG]

And like others said just watch "Funny Home Video's" and that God made us in his image. There are alot of funny people out there. I am amazed at some people's quick wit and the ability to improvise ( Who's Line is it Anyway ? show )to me that is another level of GENUIS.
    I do not think God ever gets tired or bored of his CREATION or he would have gotten rid of it along time ago. I never get tired of watching my children and their talents and abilites.
    Or my husbands sense of humor no matter how often I've heard the same joke or story.

8. OCC

OCC Guest

I think God has a sense of humour as well. After all, He made certain people to spell many words without the necessary "u" after the "o". [​IMG]

And yes, look at some of the animals He has made. Either He has a sense of humour or He was torturing them for the way He made them..and I don't think He was torturing them. [​IMG]

9. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it was kind of funny that Balaam’s donkey kept doing things and getting hit and then the Lord opened his mouth and he back mouthed Balaam.

What did I do to you? You've been ridding me... :eek:

10. OCC

OCC Guest

[​IMG] yeah that whole Balaam's donkey thing was funny

11. ROBERTGUWAPO

ROBERTGUWAPO Member

I like the part when a group carrying a dead man for burial, run for cover for fear of bandits. The corpse fell into and hit Elisha's bones--then got up and running!

12. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

We are told to make a joyful noise before the Lord, to give from a cheerful heart, to enter His presence with joy and thanksgiving.

I'd say, yes, God appreciates laughter, and that would indicate a sense of humor. (Besides, who you can look at a giraffe, or a kitten at play, or a puppy rushing forward to stumble of his own ears and not see a sense of humor in the creator?)

13. Texas.......Kittens are really funny I just LOVE them [​IMG]

hmmmm ALL Babies are funny...my favorite age for kids is 1 to 2 years old they are learning so much and do the darndest things [​IMG]

14. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Yes and Moses came out with the first why me Lord speech in Exodus.I must have read that passage over a hundered times before the humor struck home with his what did I ever do to deserve this speech.

15. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

Absolutely, God has a wonderful sense of humor that comes through in life and scripture.

I am NOT a morning person, as you can see by most of my posts, I am a night owl. I hate getting up before 8am. So what did God do? He sent me to Bible College where I had to take 7:30am classes to graduate. My first church that I worked in, He gave me a pastor that liked to start his day at 7am and have staff meetings at 6am. Yes, God has a sense of humor.

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But, Bro hurley, God is not sadistic! A pastor having 6 am staff meetings is a control-freak masochist . . or a golfer.

But I repeat myself. [​IMG]

17. buckster75

buckster75 Member

Gen 1:26
    we do some funny things and God puts up with it

18. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Perhaps, but I don’t believe that He listens to the Burns and Allen show on the radio

[​IMG]

19. NomadsWife

NomadsWife New Member

I have strong reason to suspect God does indeed have a sense of humor. The day I was truly saved is a case in point. I was raised in the church and was "saved" many times but could never ever seem to get anywhere in my spiritual life. Needless to say my adult life went from bad to worse. About 4 years ago, I was so stressed I ended up in the emergency room with a very elevated blood pressure and hysterical. I was at rock bottom. I cried out to God that I was sorry I had made such a mess of my life and that I needed help. I asked Him to send me some help or I was going to give up on life and wait to die. The next day, I saw what God was able to do in my life and to this day, I can't get past the image of God shaking His finger and laughing and saying, "See what I can do if you will only let me?" And believe me, it was quite obvious what God was doing in my life. It was a valuable lesson to me. God can do so much more when we let Him than we can do ourselves. But we have to let Him. That day, August 17, 2001, is the day I was TRULY saved. Praise God.

NomadsWife

20. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Does God have a sense of humor?

Just go take a look in the mirror and tell me!