1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God Honor marriages between Either the Unsaved, or Saved/Unsaved?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DaChaser1, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Allright brother, here is the hard question.......I was not a born again nor was my wife/ girlfriend when my child was born out of wedlock....we did marry but were still not what you were saying, not born again believers....then my child died. He was neither infant baptized nor born to born again believers......the child died so where is he....heaven or hell?

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Who cares what Fal thinks. You're child is in the arms of Jesus. Rest assured and be at peace. We serve a loving God. :love2:

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I also have a child that died (murdered) conceived out of wedlock while I was lost as well as the woman, but I would be a liar and guilty of adding to scripture if I told you one way or the other as the bible just does not say with any certainty. By the way those who do make absolute statements on this add to scripture and fall under the curses mentioned. However many, and probably most, believe that if a child dies before they reach what they call age of accountability that the child goes to be with the Lord.

#63 freeatlast, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
  4. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

What does "sanctified" mean?

5. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Please show where the Bible deals with an "age of accountability."

About the child who dies... Many Bible scholars have tackled that problem over the centuries, for many have had children die. There is only a small amount of God's revelation in the Scriptures concerning what happens to infants or children when they die -- and CERTAINLY not enough to dispense with the grand theological doctrines that are espoused by many.

What we can be SURE of:

God is perfectly good all the time...
    God is perfectly loving all the time...
    God is perfectly merciful all the time...
    God is perfectly gracious all the time...
    God is perfectly the right judge all the time...
    God is perfectly almighty and seeing all the time...
    God is perfectly capable of carrying out His will all the time...

Therefore, if God deems that a child is of the elect, He will do what it is that He will do concerning bringing that child to Himself. If God deems that a child is not of the elect then He will do what it is that He will do concerning bringing that child to damnation. God is the author and finisher of our faith and there is scriptural example of several children who were effected by God while yet in the womb. Therefore, it is within the pervue of God to show mercy and justice equally in the life of a child in the same manner He does for an adult, and when we stand face-to-face before Him in judgement, WE WILL AGREE WITH HIS DECISION for it will be seen to be PERFECTLY CORRECT. It can be NO OTHER WAY.

That being said, we have several passages, one of which is listed below, that bring us comfort as we trust in faith an "always good God."

2Sa 12:19-23 (ESV) But when David saw that his servants were whispering together, David understood that the child was dead. And David said to his servants, "Is the child dead?" They said, "He is dead." 20 Then David arose from the earth and washed and anointed himself and changed his clothes. And he went into the house of the LORD and worshiped. He then went to his own house. And when he asked, they set food before him, and he ate. 21 Then his servants said to him, "What is this thing that you have done? You fasted and wept for the child while he was alive; but when the child died, you arose and ate food." 22 He said, "While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept, for I said, 'Who knows whether the LORD will be gracious to me, that the child may live?' 23 But now he is dead. Why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me."

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

hagiazō (sanctified)
    1) to render or acknowledge, or to be venerable or hallow
    2) to separate from profane things and dedicate to God
    a) consecrate things to God
    b) dedicate people to God
    3) to purify
    a) to cleanse externally
    b) to purify by expiation: free from the guilt of sin
    c) to purify internally by renewing of the soul

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You need to read my post. I never said the bible teaches "age of accountability". I said "many, and probably most, believe that if a child dies before they reach what they call age of accountability that the child goes to be with the Lord".

It is you who has misrepresented the word of God by this statement.
    "Therefore, if God deems that a child is of the elect, He will do what it is that He will do concerning bringing that child to Himself. If God deems that a child is not of the elect then He will do what it is that He will do concerning bringing that child to damnation".

There is no such teaching in scripture and that means you are adding to the bible and fall under the curses for doing such. It would be different if you said " the bible does not say, but I believe" but to state it as fact makes you a false teacher on this matter who holds greater value in your personal belief then you do in the word of God.

#67 freeatlast, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
  8. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Great try, but if I'm in that boat so are you. You cannot hide by citing some other individual in this debate that has yet to chime in. Either own your comments or discard them. By bringing them up you become an active supporter by default.

And, what do you find so unbiblical about my statement of God's election?

Are you suggesting that God does not or cannot elect those whom He chooses? Or that the Bible does not speak to God's ability, power, or actual historical record of election?

If so, then it is you that has a problem with the Word and not I.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You wish you were in a boat. :laugh:

10. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

No, I'm doing fine walking on the river of life with Jesus... :wavey:

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You make my point.
    Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

12. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I don't "thinketh" I stand...

Anyway, are you going to just snipe at me all day long or are you going to bring something of substance to the table?

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I pass that back to you.

14. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

Are you saying that ONLY Christians have a valid/eal marriage relationship in the sight of God?

that unsaved are JUST comiting fornication unless both saved?

Are the children of Christians only saved by God?
    Are "mixed" parents children saved, unsaved kids all lost?

that children born from non saved are all bastards/illegitimate before God?

WHY in your views would unsaved bother with getting 'fake marriage?"

Diod God ordain marriage as JUST between the saved than?

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Let me point you to the search feature as you and others have asked that before and I gave an answer.

16. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

You always just quote same verses, but never give us your understanding of that verse, just quote it!

17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That is because I just believe what it says.

18. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

If the child of an unsaved married couple is unclean, what happens if the child is saved? Is he still unclean?

19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

They go to heaven when they die.

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Of course, but the question was, are they unclean because their parents are not saved?