1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God Honor ....

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by wpe3bql, Jun 19, 2015.

1. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

..... Any / All Interracial Marriages?

IOW, is "His Blessing(s)" on marriages between "other races"?

EXAMPLE: If a Filipino marries a "Native American," does He "Smile" per se on that union?

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whatever God thinks of marriage, why would He think this marriage would be any different from two white people getting married?

I'm sensing a bit of racial tension in your posts today. You've posted about interracial marriage, people looting a church, and whether or not telling racial jokes is a sin. What's up?

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are many obstacles a couple will face after getting married. The fewer the better.

For example if two White, Southern Baptists, who are both 5 pointers and KJO get married - but one is from NY and one is from Calif - then after a few months they cant agree on where to live.....

4. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

NOTHING's "up"!!! :thumbs:

ALL I'm doing is merely asking, Brother!!!

If you sense sort of underlying "racial tension" in any/all of my previous 06/19/2015, then I humbly ask for your forgiveness. :praying:

If not, well ........ :tear:

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is just my opinion.

As long as there is no impediment to their being married and as long as they are not unequally yoked, God honors the marriage.

Human beings will not and interracial couples will have struggles from both families. But that is the fault of mankind, not God.

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Sure, God can and will bless any and all marriages. Why would not this be the case?

7. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I am aghast that this is a topic to discuss. It is far more likely to be concerns about cultural compatiblity and/or religion in my neck of the woods. Surely, people who are considering marriage run the family gauntlet in these matters.

In my experience, other cultures have much more concerns about their child marrying out of culture.

8. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you.

Marriage is hard at its best and cultural differences make it even more difficult.

I am reading a memoir at the moment, Leaving Before the Rain Comes by Alexandra Fuller. On her wedding day a male friend came her saying, "The first year is hard. Then it gets worse."

9. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I recently met a very nice French girl who is married . Her husband is Indian. My first thought was " how did the folks take bringing him and her home to meet the folks"?

10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. :thumbsup: