1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does God judge and comdemn Sodom For Sins, or for gay lifestyles?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As the bible seems very clear that sexual perversion, as in Sodomy andreally into gay living did them in!

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's allow God to answer that.

• Ezekiel 16:48-50 - “As I live”—the declaration of the Lord God—“your sister Sodom and her daughters have not behaved as you and your daughters have. Now this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, plenty of food, and comfortable security, but didn’t support the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before Me, so I removed them when I saw this.
    • Jude 1:7 - In the same way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them committed sexual immorality and practiced perversions, just as angels did, and serve as an example by undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The fact that there was not a righteous person there did them in. Read your Bible.

For sure the homosexual offense was among their many unrighteous deeds. But there is nowhere in Scripture that it says God destroyed Sodom because of one particular sin so stop with the false teaching.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:thumbsup::applause:

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    their main sin listed was sexual perversion, so wouldn't that be sodomy?

As didin't they try to "gang rape" the 2 male Angels?

6. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

What took place in Sodom and Gomorrah back in the days of Abraham and Lot is very much like what is going on in today's ungodly society.

Jesus Christ Himself said that what was going on in those days will be much the same as it will be in "the end times" (see Matthew 10 &11; Mark 6; and Luke 10 & 17).

Peter writes in II Peter 2:6 that Sodom and Gomorrha's total destruction is an example of how God will destroy the people who practice such things that He condemned in Romans 1:21-28ff.

Jude also describes the awful fate that awaits such people in Jude 7.

Thankfully, God's Word gives hope to those whose lives have been consumed by such ungodly life styles. In I Corinthians 6:9-11 God tells us that there is still hope for those who will turn to Him with a repentant heart and seek to receive Christ as Savior and Deliverer through His matchless grace that His Word describes so clearly in Ephesians 2:1-10!

Praise God for sending Christ to be our Deliverer, Redeemer, and Eternal Savior!! :jesus::thumbsup:

7. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Homosexuality was a symptom of a progressive sin problem in the cities. Romans 1 documents this progression.

8. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

9. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeshua1, I love you bro, but I can't let bad typing like this get by scott-free.

Pure genius!!! ;)

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes. . . . . .

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't type on a phone either.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

There wasn't any main sin listed. Scripture says sexual immorality and practiced perversions. That covers a whole lot as there was a whole lot of stuff taking place there just as there is here now.

That would fall into the sexual immorality and practiced perversions category.

13. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

The word knew or know in the old testament is a word for sexual relationship as Adam knew his wife Eve and she conceived and bare a son. In Gen 19 we read in verse 5 that the men of the city Sodom called unto Lot and said unto him, where are the men which came unto thee this night ? bring them out unto us that we might KNOW them. And Lot went out at the door unto them and shut the door after him and said, I pray you do not so wickedly. Behold now , I have two daughters which have not KNOWN man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you and do unto them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing.

14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even though Scarlett has more than suffuciently answered your question....The fact that you even started this thread proves Zaac is right.

You seem pretty caught up in wanting to condemn homosexuality. It is abominable; and unrepentent homosexuals have as much chance of obtaining heaven as unrepentent fornicators and adulterers; and it's abominable that our society is trying to shove it down our throats as being "okay."

But is it the only sin? Why are you so deadset on trying to make Zaac acknowledge that Sodom was destroyed for only one reason?

15. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The sexual perversion was clearly singled out as the very reason for the destruction.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner,

giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh,

are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Jude was not confused by it at all as the Spirit had him write it.

In EZK 16...the attitude that lead to the sin was described, but the reason for the destruction was also very clear...all those sins lead to...commiting abomination..as described in the law in LEV...18;
    22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.

24 Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:

25 And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.

26 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:

27 (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;)

28 That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.

29 For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.

30 Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the Lord your God.

49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

then we have this;

1 Kings 14:24
    And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the Lord cast out before the children of Israel.

1 Kings 15:12
    And he took away the sodomites out of the land, and removed all the idols that his fathers had made.

1 Kings 22:46
    And the remnant of the sodomites, which remained in the days of his father Asa, he took out of the land.

2 Kings 23:7
    And he brake down the houses of the sodomites, that were by the house of the Lord, where the women wove hangings for the grove.

#15 Iconoclast, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  16. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Homosexuality is a sin like lying, cheating, stealing, murdering, &c, and is worthy of hell. However, it goes against the very design of human "relations"...against God's design for mankind.

17. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Homosexuality mars the very image of Christ and His bride...

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Bingo - great answer Scarlett - straight to the scriptures

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

As does fornication and adultery

20. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Plus ++++++++++++

..... society has gone on to name one type of same-gender sex act after of the two cities destroyed.

Sure Yesuha was trying to poke old Zaac...his agenda is clear, BUT this is one time that God destroyed a city or two based on the featured sin of those cities!

When He sent the flood waters, it was to deal with a variety of sins. Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed, not because of rampant gossip; lack of sacrificial lambs; foul mouths; idol worship [although the sin of homosexuality is a form of worshiping one kind of idol]; covetousness [although they did covet the angels who were sent to Lot's home]; false gods [although they had made a false god of their sinful practice of same gender sex]....should I go on?

The truth is right before your eyes ... Sand G was destroyed for making their lust and desire for pleasure with members of their own sex, their god, idol, and everything else. They even forsook the natural order that God created mankind to reproduce by. So God destroyed them. End of the story.

Spin it any way you want. The truth hurts those who don't want to admit it, but God just got plain tired of his created humans forgoing running around town with nothing but lust for unnatural purposes on their hearts and minds.

Does that make this sin worse than others ...probably NOT ...but it does demonstrate that God can get fed up with mankind ignoring His natural plan for them, and clinging to their own desires! :tear: And then God poured out His wrath!

[​IMG]

#20 righteousdude2, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.