1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does God judge and comdemn Sodom For Sins, or for gay lifestyles?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

And yet Ezekiel also specifies pride and selfishness, as well as other iniquities. It was not this one sin alone.

2. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Pride and selfishness are two of the works of the flesh which is natural to the flesh but sodomy goes again even that which is natural to the flesh. It is a un-natural sin and that is the reason homosexuality is not in the same category as other sins of the flesh. And for this reason I don't believe them when they say they were born gay.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed!

There can never be a born-again homosexual! Just like there can never be a born-again fornicator, or adulterer, or murderer.

Of course when we use that term to define the sin, we were delivered from it is not and should not be in the PRESENT tense!

One can and should say, I am born-again, delivered from fornication, adultery or homosexuality. However, to say I am a born-again homosexual, well that sounds like I am still a homosexual, and I've been born-again, and that is what doesn't sit right in my craw or mind or heart!

I think we both agree on this! Some on this board want to paly the "Semantics card!" And that is why this topic continues to come up, over.... and ... OVER again! it is getting old, and so are all of us....so it's time to move on to something more serious....like getting the harvest reaped, and stop playing word games. Homosexual and believer do not mix any better than oil and water! They are combustable, explosive and dangerous to play around with! :tonofbricks:

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thats fine, but the topic is why Sodom was judged. The Bible includes pride and selfishness in the reasons. It was not one sin,

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sodomy is accompanied by a host of vices, the defining one being deviant sexual appetites and the lawlessness it foments. I'm amazed at the attempts to mitigate it by professing Christians.

One may be a pagan and virtuous, but there is no virtue that accompanies sodomy, and once a society has surrendered to its lusts, its over.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question could have been worded a little better. God is judging pride and idolatry everywhere. The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness. A better question would have been, why did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah?

Their pride and idolatry was being judged throughout their history, but their destruction came for their sexual deviancy. There is no escaping that fact, try as one might.

If one loved them, he would warn them to flee the wrath to come.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that those who are attempting to mitigate the offenses of Sodom will pervert my meaning here, but . . .

What sins can coexist with one who is born again?

8. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Before we were born again sin reigned in our bodies but our spirit was at peace with those sins of the flesh, Luke 11:21. After one is born again he receiveth the Spirit of God but we are still in these bodies of flesh which dwelleth no good thing, Rom 7:18. and the flesh produces works or sin's which are mentioned in Gal 5:19-21. After being born again the warfare begins between the new man and the old.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

AGain that's Biblically incorrect and apparently some of yall just got an axe to grind against these folks. Scripture says what it says. For sure the homosexual offense was part of the sexual immorality. But Scripture is clear about why the city was estroyed and it was NOT the result of one sin.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Perhaps you can clarify what you mean by coexist?
    YOU still sin. If your sin that you commit daily doesn't coexist after your being born again, then neither does the sin of the born again person who commits the homosexual offense, or who murders, or who fornicates or who commits adultery.

No one is trying to mitigate the offenses of Sodom as they are the same as our offenses today. You and a certain other are just trying to elevate a particlar sin as the reason for the city's destruction and that's simply contrary to what Scripture says.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Again, nothing but more false teaching because that is 100% definitely not something that can be Biblically confirmed. The lack of any righteous people tends to speak to all types of sin being committed just as we have going on today. So for anyone to start listing sins for which they think God did not destroy the cities places the motives for doing so in question.

And I again think this goes right back to what TND said the other day. We like to give lipservice to love the sinner, hate the sin. But then turn around and constantly point the finger at these people and their particular sin as being worse than all others and the reason that God destroyed a city when Scripture says no such thing.

We like to marginalize folks and make them feel like they are so awful that God destroyed an entire city because of their sin. But then think they are gonna listen to us when we say Jesus died for your sin. SMH. Truly shameful.

Sodom was destroyed for the reason that GOD says it was and that wasn't limited to one particular sin.

Right and you too can have your best life now cause that's the same type of slippery teaching that Joel does. Let God speak for Himself. If HE had intended to say that HE detroyed Sodom because of the homosexual offense or any one particular sin, He would have. He didn't. And for anyone to say that He did, their very words stand righteously judged by the truth of Scripture.

Spoken again like someone with an ulterior motive to make one sin worse than all others. What were the sins of Admah and Zeboiim? What was the sin of the world when HE sent the flood?

He did that with the flood too.
    What about the Amorites? What was their one sin that got them destroyed?
    What about the Canaanites? What was the sin that led to their destruction?
    What about the Perizzites? The Hivites? And the Jebusites?

What was the one sin that made God destroy them and their cities?

12. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I am surprised the thread is continuing. It was a slam dunk answer.

13. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Zaac, I don't see folks picking on the poor ole' homosexuals more than any other sins. You got it backwards. What we have the ones with this unnatural lust hammering at the door.

When was the last time you saw or wrote a post begging folks to stop picking on the adulterers? Or liars? Or gluttons? Or the greedy? Or the ones taking God's name in vain?

God's word is very clear that this is a forbidden act. It is also very clear that it is a sign of a person or a culture that has so far gone over into idolatry, or failure to worship the one true God, that He has removed His hand of grace and given that individual or that culture over to a reprobate mind.

Gays are not the enemy ruining our culture. They are, however, a sign or symptom our culture has been abandoned by God. And in the case of the individual, their temptation to this unnatural lust is a very strong temptation and they need first of all repentance, then our aid and support in fighting this temptation.

But never, ever, should we whitewash it over as just "who they are."

Any more than we should just whitewash over any other sin or form of idolatry.

And never, ever should we ignore the fact we need to clean up our own hearts, also.

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Old Zaac ignores some facts. Why, I have no idea. But these facts are that there is a political movement to get homosexuality accepted in our communities. They are trying to have it taught in our schools. They are trying to get it accepted in our churches.

None of that is true with adultery, gluttony ect.

So yes it gets a bit more attention. And it should. In fact we are having to revamp our by laws just because of the homosexual political movement.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Then you're not paying attention as there are people on this board who for whatever reason insist on making these folks into the worst of the worst and continuing to claim that God did something because of their sin that Scripture CLEARLY shows He did not.

They can hammer at the door all they want. A lot of them are lost and acting the way lost folks should act. But there is no excuse for this type of wickedness from God's people that we continue to try to justify as loving and Biblical.

When was the last time that a post was made setting up the adulterers, liars, gluttons or the greedy as the worst sinners of all? When was the last time a thread was made declaring that God destroyed a city because of one of those particular sins?

I don't think anyone on here has said otherwise.

Then the people and culture have been reprobate for a long time because the homosexual offense has been around just as long as the other sins have.

Why are they a sign or symptom? Gay folks didn't just pop up. The part that you and others keep missing and again TND clearly spelled out is that ain't nobody coming to yall for your aid and support in fighting anything after you have marginalized, denunciated, and discriminated against them. What's going to draw them to you as someone to help them? Do you really think telling them that God destroyed a city because of their particular sin is gonna make them want to seek our help?

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Old Zaac is much younger than you.:smilewinkgrin:

Oh gosh. I've never denied for an instant that this is about politics. That's one of the reasons some in the church get so hyped about it. If it were about Jesus, the majority would be as dead as they are in worship every Sunday.

Doesn't have to be. No need to politicize that which has already been assimilated into the culture.

Pure foolishness. Your bylaws should be based upon the Gospel not politics.

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No it's not.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yes it is as Scarlett's post shows.

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea your posts make that clear.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Tim. 4:12

Yes my posts do make it clear that I'm about loving all people out of the overflow of Christ's love for me. What do yours make clear?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.