1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does God judge and comdemn Sodom For Sins, or for gay lifestyles?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again we have Calvinists deciding who is saved, who is not saved, and who can be saved. Their God is not sovereign enough to save a "homo." (sic)

I'm with Zaac, shut down this thread!

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

ITL, it remains just disgusting. And yet they wonder why these folks keep acting the way they do. SMH

How on earth does anyone who loves Jesus dare say to someone you are the worst of the worst sinners and oh yeah, you can't be saved because you've been given over to a reprobate mind so no one should waste time sharing the Gospel with you and loving you?

SHUT THIS DOWN and remove any references to folks not being able to be saved. Just shameful. But then we wonder why these folks form their own communities where they feel like they can get a sense of love and belonging.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    again Zaac, did the Lord show his love and compassion upon Sodom, or was it rightous judgement?

Are you OK with him doing that?

And NONE of us EVER stated God cannot save a Homosexual, nor does not love those whom Christ gied for to save, but surely you do see that the proud and unrepentent Homosexual is one whom the Bible describes as one God gave over to a reprobate mind?

I did not state that, God did!

#103 Yeshua1, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
  4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

An ALL-KNOWING God can pass final judgment. YOU cannot.

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he already as on those who refuse to repent , and chose to stay in their sins, disregarding anything God states on the issue!

Would you agree with me here that once Giod saves them, they at least need to co operate with him , and to start the process of putting away, ceasing from that lifestyle?

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

No one said God didn't know. You act like YOU know.

Did you put away your unrighteous judgment of those outside the Church once God saved you?

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does God call living in an open gay lifestyle sin or not?

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Does He call you judging outside the Church sin or not?

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is calling sin same thing God already labeled as being be doing sin though?

Are we not to judge in the sense if the theology is of God, or if the acts done in a habitual consistent matter disagree with the Lord?

i CANNOT judge ANY as to where they are saved/lost, ONLY God knows and ONLY he can save them, but can see their fruit and see if that smells ripe or rotten!

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You're told to not judge outside the church. SO just like the homosexuals that you go on and on about, stop trying to justify your sin. repent of your sin just as you claim they must. It does seem to be habitual and you don't seem to think it's wrong. I bet you even share these judgments at church and have gotten others at church to feel as though they are right to do so also.

Don't avoid the question. Does He call you judging outside the church sin or not?

11. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you serve on a jury and judge a suspect of murder, theft, rape, fraud,...?

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    how about being a church and refusing to judge how others there were behaving?

13. thisnumbersdisconnected

I know a couple that you would never in a million years guess were engaged in the homosexual behaviors of that community. Former Mizzou DE Michael Sam would be another that you could not spot. So thinking you can "detect" them by their mannerisms is utter nonsense. Some, yes, no doubt. But most don't act like that. You're guilty of stereotyping, which tells me you haven't really met many who describe themselves as "gay."
    Come to Kansas City. I'll introduce you to over a dozen -- if they'll waive their confidentiality, as I've counseled every one of them for addictions that were a direct result of self-medicating their depression and guilt over their sin.
    That's just about as stupid a statement as has been made on here the last several days during these debates. It's ridiculous. Newsflash: Those who are deeply entrenched in the lifestyles described in Romans 1:18ff are salvageable, by the grace of God. Live with it.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I don't know how we can be so far apart on some issues and so agreed on this one :)

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are NOT talking abot those whom the Lord has saved, AND desire/want to stop living that way now, but thiose who are unrepentent, desiring to do 'their own thing", especially who profess jesus saved me, but want to still keep on doing same old thing!

16. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So once again, YOU can tell who is unrepentant and who isn't. Breathtaking!

17. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Unbelievable. Are your lustful thoughts about women any more accepted by God's standards?

18. quantumfaith

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

19. quantumfaith

Does God call your lust over women a sin or not?

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If a person claimed that i accepted jesus last week at invitation, and yet still lives with boyfriend, and NOT as a "brother in the lord:, wouldn't that confirm it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.