1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God lead a person to be in the CBF?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Daniel David, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

We know for sure that God has many strong warnings for false teachers and those who are within the professing realm. Undoubtedly, the CBF struggles to define itself and is carried in whatever direction the wind blows since it was never built on a firm foundation. So, does God ever lead a person into the realm of these apostates?

2. rhoneycutt

rhoneycutt New Member

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Well, I know several people who were led out of the SBC, so I'm sure God probably leads people into the CBF.

I'm not one to think of my religious affiliation as better than someone else's. Jesus warned against doing this when he berated the people of the temple. All the while, Jesus continued to practive his religion faithfully. My belief is just that, my belief. It's generally not better or worse than the next person's. It's what works for me in my expression of worship.

4. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah...

Oh yeah, undoubtably... :rolleyes:

Nice rhetoric... Probably wows them down at the prayer meeting. :rolleyes:

But I'm a nice guy... I'll help you with your questions:

Your question assumes the CBF is apostate, so it's a lousy question to ask. Here are some better ones:

1.) Is the CBF apostate?
    2.) Does God lead people into the realm of the CBF?
    3.) Does God lead people into the realm of apostate groups?

Now you can have a fair and reasonable discussion.

Good luck.

[ July 01, 2002, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Baptist Believer ]

5. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. As an organization, the CBF is well within the realm of biblical Christianity. There are probably some bad apples in the bunch, but the SBC has plenty too.

Undoubtably. God has done great things through the CBF's mission program and God calls people to support it.

I don't know. It's a very interesting question.

In one sense, God infiltrates the realm of apostate groups all the time, leading people out of them. Christ came into a world where Judaism was way off the mark. Christian missionaries often go into cultures where they have to identify with a false religious culture in order to have interaction with the lost (e.g. Saudi Arabia)

One time when I was preaching a revival meeting in Southeast Wisconsin I talked to a deacon of the church who had come out of Mormonism. He was led to Christ by a very well-respected elder *in* the Mormon congregation. The elder had come to know Christ years before and felt God's call to remain identified with the Mormons in order to point fellow Mormons to Jesus. Apparently he was really reducing the ranks of the Mormons around there! [​IMG] I'm not sure how I feel about that, but there apparently a large number of Mormons turned Baptists as evidence of this anonymous man's secret ministry. [​IMG]

6. By God's Grace

By God's Grace New Member

I just read where the CBF is introducing open theism. That should tell they you all you need to know!

7. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The CBF does not impose theology on its members. What do I need to know?

For what it is worth, I'm not necessarily opposed to open theism myself.

[ July 02, 2002, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Baptist Believer ]

8. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Double posted! :mad:

[ July 02, 2002, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Baptist Believer ]

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

You're joking, right? Wasn't the vote over the personnel policies an imposition of a view? Would the CBF welcome baptists who were inerrantists, orthodox theists?

10. Jamal5000

Jamal5000 New Member

Lol...forgive my ignorancc, Preach: what is the CBF?

(embarassed) :confused:

11. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you start out with the premise that the CBF is apostate, what do you expect the answer to be?

Jamal: The CBF is a Baptist organization createdly largely because of turmoil within the Southern Baptist Convention (whether this was resurgence or takeover depends on your point of view). It is less than a denomination and exists primarily to support education and mission activities.

http://www.cbfonline.org/about/mission.cfm

12. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Actually, the CBF might say that it exists to further missions and education, but that is a misnomer. It is an extremely liberal group. It apparently takes a position oposite to the SBC on as much as possible, thus demonstrating that major differences existed within the SBC long before the BFM2000 was approved.

The "missions" that the CBF does is no more than a social gospel club. Even on social issues though, it is antiChristian (abortion, feministic, etc). The education is really a "dialogue" with heretics forum. Don't believe me?... Check out the CBF homepage and you will find the "dialogue" about Open Theism going on. Even the mildly liberal ETS voted it as heretical.

[ July 02, 2002, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: PreachtheWord ]

13. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're joking, right? Wasn't the vote over the personnel policies an imposition of a view? Would the CBF welcome baptists who were inerrantists, orthodox theists?</font>[/QUOTE]Yes they do. The CBF is full of them.

14. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know nothing about the CBF. I sat in on the missionary commissioning service last week and they are sending missionaries to the far corners of the earth with the gospel.

You seemed to be filled with hatred in your heart. Please take this to the Lord.

15. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

And what gospel do they take? This is the issue. They proclaim a different gospel. They are an appostate group. A different gospel is a mark of heresy. You can argue about "feelings" all day and not get anywhere. Truth is a serious issue and it is what Jesus used to describe His kingdom (John 18:37). Since the SBC wants to define it and falsehood and the CBF can't tell the difference, a different gospel is being introduced by your "missionaries". Remember, even satan appears as an angel of light...

16. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay... You have the floor. You need to give me each item of commonly accepted CBF doctrine (using what the CBF and CBF leaders write -- not their enemies) and explain why you think it is false. I will check up on everything you post and discuss it with you. We will be able to keep each other "honest" in our discussions since we seem to be at such extremes.

If you say it's a different gospel, give honest and specific examples. Otherwise, you can expect me to hound you about repeating lies everytime you post one.

False accusations are the work of the evil one.

17. rhoneycutt

rhoneycutt New Member

Baptist Believer
    Let me know if you would like assistance checking up on anything that our friend Preach the Word has to offer.
    I have been involved with CBF for a while and have heard all this before. Now that he has been challenged to produce, I doubt you will see much of him around these parts. :rolleyes:
    Peace
    Russell

18. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

I will post when the info becomes available. I have e-mailed a pretty reliable place of CBF material. I will relay the answers. I am hardly afraid info will not back up my statements.

Just as a note though, I started a thread about Jesus and inerrancy and what He believed about the issue. You CBFers and other liberals were strangely absent and/or silent about posting there. Could it be because of a different Jesus? Hmm....

19. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t understand this statement. The first sentence is clear – you will post evidence when it is available. Of course you’ve already made charges, are you waiting for evidence that backs it up to appear?

I don’t understand the rest at all.

1.) I am new. I’ve only been here about a week. When did you start this thread and where is it?
    2.) I do not feel obligated to join every discussion that is going on baptistboard.com. I do not read everything here, only what sounds interesting to me. Also, I often do not post on threads I am following because I often don’t have anything to add that hasn’t been ably covered by someone else.
    3.) I am not a “CBFer” or a “liberal”. I am a Texas Baptist (BGCT), though no organization is a clear representation of my own views.
    4.) I don’t really get into discussions about the trustworthiness of the Bible very much because I don’t have any doubts about it. The Bible is God’s word. It is trustworthy and truth without any mixture of error. The criterion by which the Bible is to be interpreted is Jesus Christ. If you have true faith in Jesus, you will instinctively recognize the truth of scripture.

You can’t “prove” the Bible is true by arguments, you prove the Bible true by living it. My life is found in Christ – the Bible is a guide to Christ. I should focus on Christ and trust the Bible. Instead of taking about whether or not I should trust the Bible (I already do), I am trying to live the Christian life in the light of the Bible.

I don’t know, do you believe a different Jesus than that of scripture?

20. Deitrich B

Deitrich B New Member

Hey Preach
    Try Roger Moran of Missouri, and/or Baptist Press. They usually are a fount of misinformation.
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: