1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does God learn? Reframed Question.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by MorseOp, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

He is a primitive baptist (hyper cal). Google it. He believes in the eternal salvation of the elect (pre faith) and the temporal salvation (post).

#61 webdog, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
  2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I didn't question your salvation. But if you feel I did, report it.:thumbsup:

Ain't my fault that you can't comprehend what the word omniscient means.

And if you want to set up camp right down from the Mormons and the god they have created, have at it.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Now you are down right dishonest. I have already addressed that. You fail to address the paradox but instead fit it into what you can (want to) understand.

4. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well Morseop,
    Now you are offically welcomed to the BB.[twilight zone playing in the backround} You are trying to offer good and correct scriptures to those who are wholly given to resisting the correct scriptures.
    Instead they jump out of the bible ...to whine about Augustine,Calvin. Puritans, who understood scripture...to eagerly latch on to and openly embrace all manner of error and heresies. They cannot get enough.
    They deny the biblical God we worship,are not afraid to call Him names.
    When you point this out ,they say....it is the teaching you hold.

On the other hand....there are many who read and learn but do not post often.We can post for them. the truth will show through.
    The Op exposes the wrong view of God held by several. It explains alot.:thumbsup:

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Genesis 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

This was an atonement for their sins. That is the "clothing". God redeemed Adam and Eve from their sins and their moral corruption.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Naah. Trying to create a paradox to justify creating another god doesn't fly.

7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Zaac,
    You offered correction thats all. But when correction is not welcome...it is the old you are questioning my salvation card.When you cannot take the time to respond properly...that is always good:laugh::laugh:

8. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Why does it not supprised me that this thread has derailed to another Calvinism talk. Maybe we should get back to the subject.

Keep in mind that we should not refer to others believing in a "god" here on the BB. That is putting a doubt on someone's salvation and we don't need to do that.

btw, God already knew that this thread would do that. He has searched the forums and he already knew what was in them.

9. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I see you have attended the Iconoclast school.

Oh I know what it means. I also know what test, search, grow in wisdom, repent and relent mean. Get a good dictionary.

is it anywhere near your gnostic / nestorian one?

11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    JBH,
    If you have noticed that happens quite often, but it is supposed to be okay??? if we speak of open denials that are posted against the biblical God we are said to question someones salvation:confused::confused:

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Your blindness to the mysteries in the Bible speaks volumes about your arrogance.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Then it may be time that the board moderators revisit that because it is crazy to allow folks to keep throwing this stumbling block out in front of people.

If someone is making God into something less than He says He is, why would anyone be expected to say they are talking about the God of the Bible?

It's time to stop coddling folks with this foolishness. That's probably part of the reason that they keep coming up with all this "new age" craziness.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The profitable posting non philosopher has arrived! Must be all the talk of other peoples gods that set off the radar.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't mind being called arrogant. I'll say what I've said countless times to folks over the years.

If your interpretation causes conflict with something else God says in His word, then it's your interpretation and not His. God doesn't author confusion.

16. Winman

Winman Active Member

You deny scripture;

Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
    17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
    18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

The scriptures say Jesus took on himself the nature of the seed of Abraham. Do I need to tell you that Abraham was born after the "fall"? The scriptures say Jesus was made like his brethren in ALL THINGS, and that he SUFFERED BEING TEMPTED. The scriptures say he could be touched with the feelings of our infirmities and was tempted IN ALL POINTS AS WE ARE, yet without sin.

You should try putting away all your Reformed teachers sometime and simply study the scriptures, maybe then you will have a clue.

17. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    WEBDOG,

Paranoid much??? Everyone that answers you is out to get you...poor webdog. when you cannot really respond...call them arrogant ,and rude.

webdog...seriously....take some time and make your best biblical case.

No Augustine, no debate fallacies, non sequitars. Take your time and offer what you believe is biblical correction.Stop with this other junk.:type:

18. Winman

Winman Active Member

Of course they became sinners when they sinned. Being a sinner is a judgment, not a condition.

Rom 3:7 For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?

This is where many err. Sin is not a "thing" that can be passed from one person to another like the color of your eyes. Sin is transgression of the law, it is a crime. To be a "sinner" is a judgment, just as when we call a person a felon, we mean by that that a person has committed a felony.

Is a bank robber different from a person who has never robbed a bank? NO. But the bank robber has committed a crime and is convicted to be a "felon". His nature is not different from any other man.

19. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Just saying it would be better to debate using the Bible and not resort to what some of the things that has happened. I of course agree with you and the others that God knows everything (I John 3:20, John 21:17, Psalm 147:4,5, Acts 15:18, Isaiah 46:10, Psalm 139:4, 1 Kings 8:39...) And there is no where in the Bible that says that God doesn't know something. Absolutely no where. Those that are teaching there heresy of God not knowing all things are adding to the Scripture by making assumptions of things that are not there. God saying "where are you" doesn't mean that God doesn't know where they are at. If someone is playing hide and seek with their child may understand. You clearly seem them hiding behind something. But you ask, where are you....

God has all knowledge. there's nothing he has to learn nor is there anything that he doesn't know.

20. mandym

mandym New Member

And yet you are not blind but fully understand the mystery? Not very consistent. You hold your consistent position because you fail to interpret scripture by comparing to scripture. You conveniently ignore the omniscience of God which means God has no need to learn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.