1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does God learn? Reframed Question.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by MorseOp, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You are correct Amy G.

After Adam and Eve sinned God did three things:

1. He took the initiative in restoring the relationship that Adam had broken through sin; He sought out Adam and Eve.

Genesis 3:9, KJV
    9 And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

2. He provided a cover for their nakedness, an atonement for their sin.

Genesis 3:21, KJV
    Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

God made them coats of skin as a covering for their sin, skin that required the shedding of innocent blood, the blood of animals. Why is the shedding of blood required for the remission of sin? The penalty for sin is death. The life is in the blood.

Leviticus 17:11, KJV
    For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

However, this atonement or covering, this sacrifice, was only provisional, foreshadowing the perfect sacrifice that was to come. In time God the Father through His Sovereign Grace would do for His elect what they could never do for themselves, He would make us accepted in the beloved [Ephesians 1:6, KJV].

3. God made the first promise recorded in Scripture of that perfect sacrifice to come. Speaking to Satan God states:

Genesis 3:15, KJV
    And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Paranoid of what? I haven't received an answer that explains the hypostatic union in a satisfactory manner...only the vain philosophy of men you are so adamant against.

Maybe you would like to take a stab at the questions posed?
    Did Jesus learn?
    Is Jesus God?
    Can His humanity and divinity ever be separated?

3. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Thanks to reformed teachers, confessions and cathchisms...I can spot your error and false teaching 14 miles away....:thumbsup:

If you studied the verse at all you would know what it taught;
    16 for, doubtless, of messengers it doth not lay hold, but of seed of Abraham it layeth hold,
    sorry to confuse you with what it actually says...it does not say anything about the nature....the word highlights that Jesus took, or laid hold of...it is the word when Peter was sinking in the water he reached and and laid hold of him

your constant twisting of scripture is out of control.:thumbsup:

4. OldRegular

You are deliberately lying webdog and you know it. A deliberate liar is beneath contempt!

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

And let me ask you this Amy, did Eve feel temptation before she actually sinned?

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

The scriptures say EVERY MAN is tempted when he is enticed by his own lusts. Was Eve enticed by her own lusts before she sinned?

Well, was she?

If your view is correct, and Adam and Eve had a perfect nature, then how could they be tempted? There would have been no internal lust or desire that pulled and tugged on them to sin.

But Eve did have this pull and tug to sin didn't she?

Be honest, answer the question.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yet another false accusation by you. Back on page 1 of the original thread I said I'm comfortable not understanding the many tensions found in the Bible. I'm not trying to explain them away or fit them into what i can understand.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Am I? You no longer believe in the two salvations and the eternal salvation of the elect?

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    ok
    52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man

Jesus is God..yes...and yet fully man.....I do agree with you and scripture here WD...we cannot fully get our minds around this...however we are to cling to that which is revealed...like this:
    16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Phil2 answers what we are to know there;

9. mandym

mandym New Member

Sure you did. You insist God learns. Apparently you feel you can understand. Contrary to the Omniscience of God.

#89 mandym, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
  10. OldRegular

Prove you are not a deliberate liar!

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

Well, you need to study more, even John Gill a hyper-Calvinist said that Jesus took on human nature.

Once in awhile, even a Calvinist gets it right. But not often.

12. OldRegular

God told Adam in Genesis 2:17. But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Now did Adam die the same day he ate of the fruit. No! Then did God lie? NO!

When Adam and Eve sinned they immediately suffered spiritual death, alienation from God. At the same time those natural processes that result in physical death were set in motion; Adam and Eve began to die.

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yes, they died because they sinned, the wages of sin is death.

The knowledge of good and evil is not evil, God himself has this knowledge.

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

If knowing good and evil is evil, then God is evil, because God himself said he has this knowledge.

Knowing good and evil makes a man accountable.

#93 Winman, Jul 10, 2012
  14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You just cracked me up with that. I think that is one of the best examples I've seen today. Kudos to this post. [​IMG]

AMEN!!!

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

One, you cannot prove a negative...and two, your failure to answer says more than anything. I've debated you for 7 years. Unless your view has recently changed you have been in that camp since at least '05.

16. Winman

Winman Active Member

And God losing a wrestling match to Jacob doesn't make sense either, but that is exactly what the scriptures tell us.

I personally believe when God appeared to man that he limited himself. No man can look on God and live, yet there are many accounts of men seeing and speaking to God, such as Adam and Eve, Cain, Abraham, Jacob, Moses, etc...

I believe in this limited form God sat aside some of his attributes like his power, glory, and even his omniscience. Thus, God would be completely honest in asking where Adam and Eve were, or where Abel was, asking where Sarah was, going down to Sodom to see if they had done according to the cry he heard, telling Abraham that NOW he knows he fears God.

In this limited form, God can learn.

17. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Winman,
    Gill has it right, you do not understand what he is saying.
    Let me say it this way so you do not think I am just out to attack you as a person...
    You being dead set against calvinism strain yourself to twist or rewrite every verse to try and deny the teaching. You do this so much, you are losing any ability to see the truth. I am not kidding with this. Unless you are joking with these posts...this is not good Winman.
    Jesus took on a real humanity.....but not a sinful humanity. That is why there wasa virgin birth:thumbsup:

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Truth doesn't change. It's repeated again and again and again.

It's opinions that arguments are added to because the person with the opinion has to come up with new ways to convince folks that his opinion is the "new truth". :laugh:

19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    WD,
    In relation to Phil 2

Jesus while always God.....veiled the visible manifestation of His glory.

No one verse says this as I have written, Those who write on it explain it this way......They look at the transfiguration and see a glimpse of His eternal reality.....The whole emptying of himself...or the phrase....did not think equality with God was something to be grasped...or held onto...shows that in taking on the form of a servant...was a humiliation ...but it was by addition to His Divine nature....not any subtraction...

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

My post wasn't addressed to you. I'm flattered you like to follow me around and all, though. You also hold to two salvations?

#100 webdog, Jul 10, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.