1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Does God Love ALL sinners equally then?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Yeshua1, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

Wow Willis, I can't believe you would ask a question like this. So, if a house was on fire and you heard kids screaming inside you would say, So what? I don't know these kids, who cares if they die?

"Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man" - Thomas Paine.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Absolutely. (Good, that word was 10 letters )

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dave.....Translation: Calibration disch love you. ?!?!?

Haaaa, I didnt know ya cared. :laugh:

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #24 Earth Wind and Fire, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
  5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

1) Wrong on God's love not saving us. God's love does save us. His love for us is displayed on the cross. He loved us, the Church, so much, it pleased Him to bruise His Son, and pour His wrath all over Him for us.

Christ loved us, the Church, His Bride, so much, He was willing to give His life, a ransom for many.

2) Wrong about our acceptance saving us. It was God choosing us from the foundation of the world that saves us. He accepted us many, many, many, many years ago before we could accept Him. His acceptance of us is what saves us.

3) If God isn't willing any should perish, why are myriads on that broad road that leads to destruction? Why are many there already? Apparently God's will isn't done? In 2 Peter 3:9, there's a qualifying word "us-ward". The "us-ward" is the Church, the Bride, those chosen from the foundation of the world. God is not willing any of them should perish...and they won't.

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I would do whatever it took myself, Brother. But how many times in the OT did He command His people to slaughter everyone, even little "innocent" children/infants? God's wrath is a holy wrath, and ours isn't. His love is a holy love, and sometimes ours isn't.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Its because He is merciful those pagan children died in a non guilty state in the slaughter and did not grow up to be eternally separated from Him.

8. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I don't think the bible supports the notion of "non-guilty" infants/children. All were/are under the curse that flows from Adam's fall...

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Being under the curse doesn't equate to guilt. You and I are still under the curse and in a not guilty state.

10. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinists are sure a strange bunch!

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

If they're born in a "non guilty" state, then people can just kill them to save them from ever being lost and going to hell. I know that's not the point you were conveying here, but that's the logical conclusion, imo. We, at no point in our life, we ever "non guilty"...not guilty neither guilty. That's appears to a "limbo status" or a neutral status. We are either in a need of a Saviour or are saved, with no inbetweens. We are either a sain or sinner in His eyes. He either sees us through the first or last Adam.

12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Remember, we have the righteousness of Christ now. God sees us through that, seeing that our righteousness was filthy rags....insert menstrual rags here...We are now not guilty because of what Christ did for us.

Infants are both guilty and under the curse. They have been given what was passed down from Adam. To be non guilty means they have the righteousness of Christ upon them, then when they became sinners, that righteousness would then have to be removed. That is foreign to the bible, imo. Nowhere can I find where Christ's righteousness is removed from His sheep. Also, babies don't become sinners, they are born sinners, seeing that seed...that sin nature is already there. An apple tree is an apple tree years before it brings forth the first apple. Those apples show us it is an apple tree. It doesn't become an apple tree after it produces the first one.

The reason why we will die is because Christ didn't redeem our fleshly bodies. I am sure you know that, but I posted it to further the discussion.

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

And this has to do with the OP how?

Jump in and debate, Brother. Don't just drive by post. Add something to the discussion.....

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strange request:laugh:

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

Then you haven't read Luke 15. In Luke 15 no one is originally lost. The sheep is not originally lost, the silver piece is not originally lost, and the prodigal son is not originally lost.

Luk 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

Luk 15:8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?

Luk 15:11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:

You also must not have read Romans 7 where Paul said he was "alive without the law once", but when the commandment came, sin revived and he died.

Rom 7:9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
    10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
    11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

How does someone who is dead even before they are conceived die?? And what does the law matter if you died with Adam way back in the garden before the law?

You must not have read 1 Peter chapter 2 either;

1 Pet 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Peter said believers are now RETURNED to Jesus. How can you return to Jesus if you were born dead in sin and separated from him Willis?

How does your new found set of beliefs explain away all this scripture Willis?

#35 Winman, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
  16. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Eph 2:1-3
    Chapter 2
    1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
    2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
    3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

By nature?

17. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not true, all do not want saved. Perfect love must also be Just and do as promised. If the created chooses to reject perfect justice and perfect love, it does not diminish God's perfect love.

18. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love every one of my children equally. If one (or more) of them decides they don't love me, wants to leave the safety and protection of my home, disobey me, break my heart, etc., deny me as their parent, and go their own way, to their destruction , does that mean I didn't love them?...............NO..........it means they had the free will to love me back, or reject my love. I will not FORCE them to love me. What kind of love would that be? I WANT them to love me, I am grieved if they turn away, and reject me, but that is their choice. Doesn't mean I don't love them.

#38 Baptist4life, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
  19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And your not God either.....but you are a humanist.

20. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are absolutely correct.

The Calvinist reads Paul's letters and comes away with an opinion that God, through Paul, is declaring a person has no choice whether or not they become saved. They also believe a child is automatically saved until a certain point in their life when they become aware of their sin and guilt, which of course would have to be of God as well, either unto hell or unto faith in Jesus Christ.

If this were true, then Paul himself would believe this same way, correct?

But Paul writes this....."For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:"

Paul could have saved many of his brethren, he could have killed the Jewish babies and encouraged others as well to do the same, so many brethren would be saved.

Yes, that sounds absurd. That is the logical conclusion of believing babies go to heaven because they are innocent. Babies go to heaven by the grace of God if all go at all, the bible is not perfectly clear concerning all infants being saved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.